Tera Sherman Edwards
Tera Sherman Edwards is a Partner in the Cleveland Office of Lewis Brisbois and has a successful track record of representing clients in cases and matters involving business disputes, trucking and transportation, general liability, insurance defense, professional liability, catastrophic injuries, insurance matters, premise liability, employment and products liability. She has practiced in a variety of jurisdictions across the country and represented both corporate and individual clients from a variety of different fields and backgrounds with great success. Tera is a litigator and an aggressive trial lawyer with experience at both the federal and state court levels. She has handled numerous arbitrations, mediations and administrative proceedings with successful outcomes for her clients.
Prior to joining Lewis Brisbois, Tera worked at a law firm representing large insurance companies. She also previously worked as a Staff Attorney for two Common Pleas Court Judges in Geauga County, Ohio.
- Represented various companies in multidistrict litigation and state and federal courts in jurisdictions across the country.
- Successfully tried a wrongful termination/breach of contract dispute and obtained a defense verdict.
- Successfully tried a complex business litigation matter involving allegations of fraud and obtained a directed verdict for one of her clients.
- Experience litigating bodily injury and catastrophic injury cases.
- Extensive experience in negotiating settlements in bodily injury, catastrophic injury, and wrongful death cases.
- Obtained favorable settlements for numerous business disputes.
- Obtained numerous summary judgment awards in breach of contract, personal injury, and premises liability cases.
Primary Area(s) of Practice
- General Liability
- COVID-19: Construction/Contractors/Architects & Engineers
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
Ohio Northern University, Claude W. Pettit College of Law
Juris Doctor, 2013
The University of Dayton
Bachelor of Arts, cum laude, 2010