Anthony DeVito is a partner in the Chicago office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the White Collar Criminal Defense Practice. Physicians, veterinarians, nurses and other professionals retain him to defend them before state licensing and disciplinary boards. Mr. DeVito is a former prosecutor for the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation. He uses that experience to defend his clients before state agencies. He has also defended physicians, veterinarians, nurses, hospitals, and nursing homes in malpractice cases. He has defended clients at pre-litigation, litigation and appellate stages.
Primary Area(s) of Practice
- Government Investigations & White Collar Defense
- COVID-19: Emergency Order Violations & Related White Collar Crimes
- Chicago Bar Association
- American Veterinary Medical Law Association
- Chicago Healthcare Risk Management Society
Mr. DeVito has presented on the topic of administrative law at the 2nd Annual Illinois Administrative Law Conference of the Chicago Bar Association in 2011, the DuPage County Bar Association in 2012, and the Illinois State Bar Association in 2014.
The John Marshall Law School
Juris Doctor, cum laude, 2003
Bachelor of Science, 1996
- llinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation, 2003-2006
- Johnson & Bell, Ltd., 2006-2016