- Email: Tim.Yianne@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 304.553.0161
- Fax: 304.932.0265
Tim Yianne is a partner in the Charleston office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the General Liability Practice. Tim was born and raised in Charleston, West Virginia. He lives in the Historic District of the East End with his wife and daughter.
Tim attended West Virginia University on academic and athletic scholarships, playing Division I soccer and lettering all four years, serving as team captain during his junior and senior years, and being honored as a Big East Academic All Star during his junior and senior years.
After receiving his bachelor’s degree, Tim continued his education at West Virginia University by enrolling in the College of Law, seeking to pursue a career protecting the legal interests of individuals, businesses, state agencies, and municipalities in West Virginia.
As a practicing attorney, Tim has tried multiple catastrophic injury cases in some of the most feared venues in West Virginia. Tim also has defended several complex, mass tort actions before the Mass Litigation Panel in West Virginia. In addition, he has defended claims involving professional and medical malpractice liability.
Tim has received a Martindale Hubbell Peer Review Rating: AV® Preeminent.
Tim has also been selected by ALM and Martindale Hubbell as an Elite Lawyer of the South.
Tim served as President of the Board of Directors for the Ronald McDonald House of Southern West Virginia.
- Crystal Good v. American Water Works Company, Inc., No. 2:14-01374, United States District Court, Southern District of W.Va.
- In re: Water Contamination Litigation, Civil Action No. 16-C-6000, Mass Litigation Panel of West Virginia Supreme Court.
- In re: Opioid Litigation, Civil Action No. 19-C-9000, Mass Litigation Panel of West Virginia Supreme Court.
- Board of Directors, Ronald McDonald House Charities of Southern West Virginia (2008 to 2019)
- Board President, Ronald McDonald House Charities of Southern West Virginia (2013 to 2017)
State Bar Admissions
- West Virginia
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia
- United States District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
United States Courts of Appeals
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals
Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals
United States District Court Southern District of W.Va.
United States District Court Northern District of W.Va.
West Virginia Bar Association
Awards & Honors
- Best Lawyers in America® - 'Best Lawyers' Litigation – Environmental and Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions – Defendants (2024)
- Martindale Hubbell Peer Review Rating: AV® Preeminent
- ALM and Martindale Hubbell Elite Lawyer of the South
- West Virginia Super Lawyers Rising Star
- State Journal, Generation Next 40 Under 40
- Big East Academic All Star
West Virginia University College of Law
West Virginia University
Accounting, with honors