- Email: Brantley.Rowlen@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 912.525.4960 | 404.348.8576
- Fax: 1.912.525.4961
Brantley Rowlen is the managing partner of the Savannah office. Mr. Rowlen has extensive litigation experience in the defending medical negligence actions on behalf of physicians, nurses, and healthcare entities, including hospitals, assisted living facilities, personal care homes, skilled nursing facilities, ambulatory surgical centers and correctional facilities. Mr. Rowlen has also successfully defended insureds against professional malpractice, commercial litigation, premises liability, product liability, automobile/trucking liability and construction defect claims.
Mr. Rowlen also has significant experience in defending complex products liability claims. In that regard, Mr. Rowlen serves as local counsel in several states and as a member of national trial teams for multiple clients in the defense of claims involving asbestos, silica, benzene and other mixed solvents. Mr. Rowlen also handles individual products liability cases arising from the use of consumer products and industrial equipment.
Brantley Rowlen has handled a variety of matters for the hospitality industry, including food borne illnesses, DRAM shop, premises liability, negligent hiring/retention and generalized negligence claims throughout the Southeast.
Mr. Rowlen has successfully defended clients throughout Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky, Florida and the Carolinas. In this regard, Mr. Rowlen has significant litigation experience in successfully drafting and arguing dispositive motions, including motions to dismiss, motions for judgment on the pleadings, and motions for summary judgment. He is similarly experienced in defending against claims for punitive damages, conducting and defending depositions, negotiating settlements, assisting with all aspects of trial preparation and trying to verdict.
- PV Holding v. Poe, 360 Ga. App. 381, 861 S.E.2d 265 (2021)
- Johnson v. Avis Rent a Car Sys., LLC, 311 Ga. 588, 858 S.E.2d 23 (2021)
- Little v. Jim-Lar Corp., 352 Ga. App. 764835 S.E.2d 794 (2019)
- Burton v. ECI Mgmt. Corp., 346 Ga. App. 668 (2018)
- Gottschalk v. Woods, 329 Ga. App. 730 (2014)
- Freeman v. LTC Healthcare of Georgia, Inc., 329 Ga. App. 763 (2014)
- Woods v. Allied Van Lines, Inc., 316 Ga. App. 548, 730S.E.2d 35 (2012)
State Bar Admissions
- West Virginia
- State Bar of Georgia
- Atlanta Bar Association
- State Bar of Tennessee
- State Bar of Kentucky
- State Bar of West Virginia
- Young Lawyers Division and Professional Liability Steering Committees, and Liaison for Young Lawyers Division and Professional Liability Committee for the Defense Research Institute
- Litigation Committee Member and Membership Chair for the Young Lawyers Division of the State Bar of Georgia
- Board Member of the Young Lawyers Division of the State Bar of Georgia Executive Committee, 2011-2012, 2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2014-2015
- Lawyers Club of Atlanta
- Evaluator, Georgia Mock Trial Competition, 2010-2015
Awards & Honors
- 2019 Law 360 Rising Star Under 40.
- Selected by Law and Politics and Atlanta Magazine as a Georgia Super Lawyers Rising Star from 2009 to 2019.
- One of 40 young lawyers statewide to be selected to attend the Georgia State Bar Young Lawyers Division 2010 Leadership Academy.
University of Memphis
Juris Doctor, 2005
University of Georgia
Bachelor of Arts, 2001