Jill Szewczyk is a partner in the Denver office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Government Investigations, Data Privacy & Cybersecurity, and Complex Business & Commercial Litigation Practices.
Jill represents clients in sensitive government and internal investigations and complex commercial litigation, helping them to navigate intricate laws and regulations and advising them on related preventative measures. She advocates on behalf of multinational corporations and individuals facing investigation and civil litigation brought by the Securities Exchange Commission and Department of Justice, involving alleged embezzlement, insider trading, and violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), the Securities Act of 1933, and the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Jill also has significant experience representing clients in all stages of civil litigation, including matters involving trade secrets, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, and conspiracy.
As a member of the Data Privacy and Cybersecurity practice, Jill helps clients respond to data security incidents while complying with state and federal breach notification requirements. She also represents them in civil litigation emanating from data security incidents. She has experience facilitating forensic investigations and providing mitigation services to individuals whose information is impacted in data security incidents.
Jill graduated from the Fordham University School of Law in 2010 where she contributed to the Fordham Urban Law Journal and participate in the International Justice Clinic. She also studied EU and Spanish International Privacy law abroad at the Universidad Pontificia Comillas ICADE in Madrid, Spain.
Primary Area(s) of Practice
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
- Antitrust & Competition
- Trade Secrets & Non-Compete Disputes
- Data Privacy & Cybersecurity
- Government Investigations & White Collar Defense
- COVID-19: Consumer Protection/Price Fixing/Price Gouging
- COVID-19: Emergency Order Violations & Related White Collar Crimes
Presenter, "Cybersecurity: Emerging Threats & Legal Landscape," Colorado Attorney General's office, 11.12.19
Fordham University School of Law, New York, NY
Juris Doctor, 2010
- Fordham Urban Law Journal
- International Human Rights Grant recipient
- Archibald R. Public Service Award
- International Justice Clinic
Florida State University
Bachelor of Science, Communications, cum laude, 2005
- Golden Key Honorary(chapter president)
- Garnet and Gold Key Leadership Honorary
- Dean's List
- Represented a top ten pharmaceutical company in a multi-national FCPA investigation, focusing on Latin America and Eastern Europe, to ascertain anti-corruption compliance weaknesses and recommend remedial measures and employee disciplinary actions.
- Defended a foreign national in a conspiracy case, ultimately forcing the Government to drop all charges.
- Defended a pharmaceutical company against trade secret misappropriation claims, drafting a successful motion for summary judgment.
- Succeeded in stopping infringement of a client's valuable trademark.
- Coordinated discovery in numerous matters, including coordinating with international attorneys and translators.
- Managed attorneys, negotiated with opposing counsel, and represented client interests in discovery disputes.