Daniel Slayden is a partner in the Chicago office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Medical Malpractice and Professional Liability Practices. He also has a practice concentration in personal injury litigation.
Dan has tried over 75 cases to verdict including medical malpractice, personal injury, general litigation and long term care cases as well as cases for rehabilitation hospitals. He regularly represents hospitals, doctors, long term care facilities and rehabilitation hospitals across the state of Illinois.
Primary Area(s) of Practice
- Medical Malpractice
- Professional Liability
- Long-Term Care & Elder Law
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
U.S District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Will County Bar Association
Awards & Honors
- Recognized as a "Super Lawyer" by Illinois Super Lawyers magazine
- Rated by Martindale-Hubbell for ethics and legal ability
- Member of the Leading Lawyers Network, where he was selected by his peers as a Leading Lawyer in the areas of Medical Malpractice Defense Law and Personal Injury Defense Law (General)
- "Use of Experts in Med Mal," IPT Annual Conference, 2014.
- "Principles of Informed Consent," St Joseph Medical Center. Nursing Quality Assurance Program, April 1991
- "Product Liability. Confidentiality and Privacy Issues." St Joseph Medical Center, Nursing Quality Assurance Program, April 1991
Southern Illinois University College of Law
Juris Doctor, 1987
Bachelor of Arts, 1984