Lynn Geerdes is a partner in the Chicago office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Long-Term Care & Elder Law, Healthcare, Medical Malpractice, and Labor & Employment Practices. Ms. Geerdes has successfully defended numerous cases on behalf of hospitals, nursing homes, surgery centers, physicians, nurses, and home health care agencies.
Ms. Geerdes also has extensive experience in both counseling and defending employers in state and federal court in matters involving trade secrets, restrictive covenants, charges of discrimination, Title VII, ADA, ADAAA, FLSA, drug testing, race discrimination, pregnancy discrimination, wrongful termination, and wage and hour disputes.
Ms. Geerdes has handled high profile commercial litigation cases including intellectual property cases involving patent and trademark infringement, and trade secrets. She has experience in the areas of antitrust, securities litigation, breach of contract, tortious interference with contract, breach of fiduciary duty, and other business torts. Ms. Geerdes has also litigated complex insurance coverage and products liability cases.
Primary Area(s) of Practice
- Long-Term Care & Elder Law
- Medical Malpractice
- Labor & Employment
US District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- The Women's Bar Association of Illinois
- Defense Research Institute
- Chicago Bar Association
- Kappa Alpha Theta Alumni Association
Awards & Honors
- Named top "40 Illinois Attorneys Under 40" by Law Bulletin Publishing Company, publishers of the Chicago Lawyer Magazine and the Chicago Daily Law Bulletin
- Insurance Practice Group Marketing Award
- Pro bono work featured in Newsweek, New York Law Journal and Steven Brill book After: The September 12 Era
- Iowa Law Review Editor, Appellate Advocacy finalist and top oralist, Moot Court Board, Stephenson Award for Trial Advocacy
Ms. Geerdes has presented seminars to employers and insurers regarding employment issues such as the ADA Amendments Act and Affordable Care Act, among others.
University of Iowa College of Law
Juris Doctor, 1997
Bachelors of Science in Business Administration, Actuarial Science major, 1990
Prior to becoming an attorney, Ms. Geerdes was a health care consulting actuary in Chicago.
- “How to Keep a Corporate Secret”, Employment Trends
- “How to Avoid Punitive Damages after Kolstad”, CCH Journal of Employment Discrimination