Katherine Compton is a partner in the Dallas office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Complex Business & Commercial Litigation Practice. Katherine has extensive experience in litigating complex commercial matters, including trademark infringement, theft of trade secret, franchise, banking, corporate, non-competes, class actions, personal injury/wrongful death and numerous other types of commercial litigation. She has obtained more than 50 temporary restraining orders and handled numerous trials. Most importantly, she is passionate about listening to her clients and meeting their needs, whether they want to stand on principle and take a case to trial or settle early.
Prior to joining Lewis Brisbois, Katherine was a partner at an AmLaw100 Law Firm for nine years.
- Prevailed in a TUFTA injunction hearing
- Representing client in Federal Carmack Amendment Litigation
- Lead counsel in multiparty securities fraud/defamation litigation in Dallas state court
- Obtained permanent injunction against former employee and competitor in Corpus Christi (Nueces County District Court) in trade secrets and non-compete litigation
- Successfully obtain temporary restraining order for corporate lessee to regain access to historical premises in downtown Dallas to finish out improvements against prominent local developer who was the new Lessor
- Represent corporate minority shareholder in dispute with corporation and shareholders for breach of fiduciary duty and fraud
- Represent trucking company and truck driver in two week wrongful death trial against “reptile” plaintiff’s counsel
- Represent largest apartment management company in the United States in trademark infringement dispute
- Defend attorney in legal malpractice litigation
- Represent corporate client in all its litigation matters
- Defend hotel in premises liability and respondeat superior litigation in Dallas
- Represent The Acushnet Company against retailers and wholesalers counterfeiting Titleist Pro V1 golf balls in multi-million dollar trademark infringement lawsuits across the country.
- Represent Cartier International B.V. and Montblanc-Simplo Gmbh in trademark infringement action related to counterfeit Montblanc and Cartier watches.
- Represent PRL USA Holdings, Inc. in multi-million dollar trademark infringement lawsuit against numerous defendants for selling counterfeit Polo and Chaps shirts.
- Represent Liz Claiborne, Inc. against a Dallas based public company in multimillion dollar trademark infringement litigation involving alleged counterfeit Monet Jewelry. Obtained temporary restraining order against all Defendants in lawsuit.
- Defend board of directors of Marketing Specialists in multimillion dollar litigation brought by trustee of Marketing Specialists, Inc. against Mary Kay, Inc., board of directors and officers of Marketing Specialists, Inc.
- Defend board of directors of Horizon Pharmacies, Inc. in litigation brought by trustee of Horizon Pharmacies, Inc.
- Represent Hitachi Data Systems Corporation in contract dispute.
- Defend AT&T Corp. in multimillion dollar trade secret litigation
- Complex class action real estate litigation related to development of 141 acres in Elm Creek Subdivision in San Antonio, Texas
- Work with team of lawyers in antitrust Litigation brought by Kinetic Concepts, Inc. v. Hillrom, Inc. in highly publicized successful multimillion dollar verdict
- Successfully defended class action securities fraud litigation against public restaurant chain
- Successfully defended class action securities fraud litigation against public computer company
- Highly acrimonious slander litigation arising out of a divorce and adulterous relationship involving high profile professionals.
- Handle all lawsuits and business legal matters for Peak Capital Corporation, an automobile finance corporation.
- Successfully defended products liability case for Hitachi Power Tools, USA.
- Successfully defended Smith & Nephew, Inc., world’s largest orthopedic supply company in civil rights lawsuit: Won summary judgment in Federal Court.
Primary Area(s) of Practice
- Complex Business & Commercial Litigation
- Intellectual Property & Technology
- General Liability
- Class Action & Mass Tort
- National Trial Practice
- COVID-19: Commercial & Contractual Litigation Disputes
Northern District of Texas
Southern District of Texas
Eastern District of Texas
Western District of Texas
Awards & Honors
- Rated AV Preeminent 5.0 out of 5
- National Association of Women Lawyers - Outstanding Member 2010
- 8-time Ironman Triathlon Finisher
Presenter - Dallas Bar Association March 2015, March 2014 - Class Actions - Primer and Update
St. Mary's University Law School
University of North Texas
Undergraduate and Masters in Accounting (Taxation)
Author, Texas Bar Journal - Year in Review - 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018