Real Estate, Land Use & Environment
The attorneys of Lewis Brisbois' Real Estate, Land Use, and Environment Practice represent shopping center developers, owners and operators, commercial and industrial real estate developers, financial institutions, public agencies, national/regional/local tenants, and other business organizations in real estate transactions including:
- Acquisitions, sales, and tax-deferred exchanges. Our attorneys have extensive experience in negotiating and drafting purchase and sale agreements, option agreements, escrow instructions, deeds, bills of sale, assignments, non-foreign affidavits, certified resolutions and certificates of incumbency, authorizations, estoppels, and other documents and instruments integral to the acquisition and sale of real property assets. In addition, our attorneys have extensive experience in the real estate markets and in real estate law which enables them to bring creative, real-world solutions to the most complicated transactional, ownership, and financial problems. Moreover, our attorneys have deep experience in assisting clients with due diligence inspections including title analysis and clearance, analysis of environmental assessments, analysis of existing leases and tenants, and analysis of the compliance of the property with federal, state, and local laws concerning land-use and zoning and subdivision regulations.
- Retail, office, and industrial leasing transactions. Our attorneys are adept at negotiating and drafting space leases, ground leases, amendments of leases, subleases, lease assignments, lease consents, work letters for tenant improvements, options to lease, subordination/nondisturbance/attornment agreements, and lease termination agreements. Our attorneys have extensive experience in all forms of leasing transactions including office leases, retail leases, restaurant leases, grocery store leases, stand-alone building leases, and warehouse leases.
- Construction transactions. Our attorneys represent owners and contractors in construction projects, from the new development of shopping centers or mixed-use commercial projects to the restoration of damaged commercial property to the construction of tenant improvements for retail or office space. Our attorneys negotiate and draft owner–contractor agreements, construction management agreements, design–build agreements, owner–architect agreements, and other documents used in the construction of commercial real estate improvements. In this regard our attorneys have extensive experience in the use of AIA documents.
- Gregory Oleson (Managing Partner) - Gregory.Oleson@lewisbrisbois.com, 760.501.0916
- Samuel Alhadeff (Partner) - Samuel.Alhadeff@lewisbrisbois.com, 951.252.6152