The Government Relations Practice at Lewis Brisbois is experienced in developing and implementing effective government relations strategies at the federal, state, and local levels. Our attorneys craft successful government relations efforts from the ground up, or enhance your own lobbying efforts with proven legal approaches designed to achieve your goals.
Our Government Relations team brings seasoned attorneys with experience both inside and outside of government and business to represent clients before the Administration, federal, state, and local regulatory authorities, Congress, and state legislatures. Our clients are businesses and trade associations, nonprofit organizations, local governments, and political organizations.
Our attorneys work with clients to determine the right message to be delivered to the right target at the right time. Our success is based on our deep understanding of the legislative and regulatory process and a growing network of knowledgeable contacts developed over time. Where appropriate, we have effectively organized broad coalitions that collaborate, pooling resources and political capital, to address issues at the national or state level.
Lewis Brisbois' attorneys draft and interpret legislative and regulatory language, and actively engage with legislators and other elected or appointed officials to tackle issues facing our clients. We also assist clients in coordinating legislative strategies to resolve complex issues in the regulatory and government investigations practice areas.
Our attorneys will:
- Assist in developing organizational advocacy component
- Assist our clients who wish to do business with governmental agencies
- Lobby on specific legislative or regulatory proposals and needed changes
- Assist in building coalitions and supplement clients' existing lobbying capability as needed
- Strategize on goals, priorities, and alternatives to achieve goals
- Advise on campaign finance issues
- Coordinate lobbying, public relations, business, and other legal efforts, as well as crisis management
- Manage, in conjunction with our Administrative Law Practice attorneys, overall relations with administrative agencies regulating clients, including legal challenges to administrative actions
- Barry Kaiman (Partner) - Barry.Kaiman@lewisbrisbois.com, 213.680.5053
- Karen Bennett (Partner) - Karen.Bennett@lewisbrisbois.com, 202.558.0658
- Craig Holden (Partner) - Craig.Holden@lewisbrisbois.com, 213.599.7818
- Samuel Alhadeff (Partner) - Samuel.Alhadeff@lewisbrisbois.com, 951.252.6152