Rachel Robinson is a partner in the Portland office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Healthcare, Medical Malpractice, and Appellate Practices. Her civil litigation practice focuses on product and professional liability cases. She has handled cases involving food products, vitamins, dietary supplements, medical devices, commercial grade floor mats, vent-free fireplaces, and equipment used in the installation of overhead power lines. Her professional liability experience includes legal and insurance malpractice cases.
Ms. Robinson also enjoys appellate work. She has handled cases in Oregon Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, and Oregon Supreme Court. Ms. Robinson has been named to Rising Stars by Super Lawyers magazine for 2013-2017.
In her free time, Ms. Robinson enjoys playing tennis, cooking, and spending time with her three sisters and husband. She also enjoys reading for her book club and gardening.
Primary Area(s) of Practice
- Medical Malpractice
United States District Court for the District of Oregon
Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Oregon State Bar, Products Liability Section
- Executive Committee, 2011-2015
- Chair, 2014-2015
- Treasurer, 2013
- Secretary, 2012
- Oregon State Bar Appellate Section
- Presenter, “Changes in Real Estate Law: Law & Rule Required Course,” Chicago Title Company, May 24, 2012.
- Co-Presenter, “Changes in Real Estate Law: Law & Rule Required Course,” Chicago Title Company, May 25, 2011.
- Presenter, “Protecting Your Piggy Bank: Proper Collection of Student Debt,” Northwest Career Colleges Federation Conference, June 2010.
Willamette University College of Law
Juris Doctor, magna cum laude, 2008
- Willamette Law Review, Symposium Editor, 2007 - 2008
- Willamette Law Online, Editor in Chief, 2007 - 2008
University of Oregon
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, 2004
- Co-Author, “Best Practices for Privilege Logs in Oregon State Court Cases,” The Verdict, Spring 2012.
- Author, “Oregon Court of Appeals Rules Non-Economic Damages Capped at $500,000 in Birth Injury Cases,” Labor & Employment Law Alert, September 26, 2011.
- Co-Author, “Jury Instructions in Punitive Damage Cases: Using the New Mandates from the United States Supreme Court,” International Association of Defense Counsel Annual Meeting, 2009.