Alexandra Garchie is an associate in the Los Angeles office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Workers’ Compensation Practice. She is dedicated to representing employers, insurers, self-insureds, and third-party administrators in the defense of all aspects of workers' compensation actions in California, including representation of employers in matters involving discrimination under Labor Code Section 132a and Serious and Willful Misconduct (Labor Code Section 4553). Daily practice includes handling all aspects of workers’ compensation claims from the simplest matters to complex cases involving multiple parties with structured settlements. Ms. Garchie is skilled at managing workers’ compensation claims, to ensure claims are proactively and regularly reevaluated.
Primary Area(s) of Practice
- Workers’ Compensation
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Barristers Executive Committee
- Barristers Pro Bono Committee
Southwestern Law School
Juris Doctor, 2010
University of California, Irvine
Bachelor of Arts, 2007
- Representation of employers, insurers, and self-insured employers at status conferences, mandatory settlement conferences, lien conferences, and trial before the Workers’ Compensation Appeals Boards throughout the State of California.
- Adjudication of cases including all aspects of discovery including depositions.
- Preparation of court pleadings including petitions to compel, petitions for reimbursement and contribution, petitions for costs and sanctions, petitions for joinder, petitions to quash subpoena duces tecum, and petitions for consolidation.
- Los Angeles Veteran & Families Stand Down
- One Justice, Justice Bus For Veterans
- LAFLA Expungement Clinic