Jeremiah P. Webb is a partner in the firm's Los Angeles office and serves as Vice Chair of the Firm’s Consumer Warranty Practice and is also a member of the Firm’s Toxic Tort & Environmental Litigation and Product Liability Practices. His practice focuses on consumer warranty and products liability, environmental, toxic tort, and commercial litigation. Mr. Webb’s practice extends to representing clients in both state and federal courts as well as before various state, regional and local agencies.
Mr. Webb’s clients include Fortune 100 and 500 companies, manufacturer’s of automobiles, motorcycles, and other consumer goods, as well as both individuals and corporate business entities. Mr. Webb’s consumer warranty practice includes defending cases involving the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, Uniform Commercial Code, and various state lemon laws including the Song-Beverly Act. Mr. Webb’s experience in these matters include claims involving fraud, negligent misrepresentation, breach of contract and dealership negligence. Mr. Webb has taken several consumer warranty cases all the way up to and through trial.
Mr. Webb’s environmental experience includes not only litigation matters, but also regulatory compliance and enforcement actions under both federal and California statutes which include the federal Clean Air Act and Clean Water Act, CERCLA, RCRA, CEQA, and Prop 65. His cases have involved state and federal lawsuits pertaining to warranty and product liability claims, water and soil contamination, Proposition 65, as well as fraudulent bond activity and construction issues for a multitude of clients. Mr. Webb handles all aspects of litigation including law and motion, mediations, depositions as well as having trial experience in both warranty and environmental litigation throughout the years.
Representative matters include:
- Represents Fortune 100 and 500 Companies in warranty litigation nationwide including taking to trial several matters involving automobile manufacturers
- Represents Dole Food Company, Inc., Barclay Hollander Corporation and Oceanic Properties, Inc., against claims by approximately 1,800 property owners and other individuals alleging property damages and personal injuries based on negligence, nuisance and strict liability claims, among others, from alleged vapor intrusion of petroleum hydrocarbons, including benzene and methane, in a community in Carson, California.
- Represents Ohio Manufacturer involving UCC issues in the State of California.
- First chaired and argued a commercial dispute at a bench trial and obtained judgment in favor of his client, a commercial real estate company with assets of approximately $12 billion.
- Completed successful mediation for a Fortune 100 company involving a multi-state fraudulent bond and construction matter resulting in settlement with over 50 separate entities.
- Contributed to obtaining summary adjudication against Plaintiff’s claims against his client in a large multiparty groundwater contamination lawsuit.
- Successfully negotiated Joint Venture between local California company with a large Texas based company.
Mr. Webb is a member of the Board of Trustees at his alma mater, Kansas Wesleyan University. In his spare time, Mr. Webb is an avid golfer and continues to attempt to play basketball on a regular basis.
Primary Area(s) of Practice
- Consumer Warranty
- Toxic Tort & Environmental Litigation
- Products Liability
- National Trial Practice
Northern, Eastern, Central, and Southern District Courts of California
- Kansas Wesleyan University Board of Trustees Member
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Phi Alpha Delta International Law Fraternity
Awards & Honors
- Mr. Webb was selected by his peers as a Rising Star Super Lawyer in Southern California 2012. Additionally, Mr. Webb has been asked to present and speak at various nationwide trade conferences and shows.
- Elected as a Board of Trustees Member for Kansas Wesleyan University 2015-Present
- Academic All Conference KCAC Basketball Team – Kansas Wesleyan University
- Academic All Conference KCAC Tennis Team – Kansas Wesleyan University
- Pittsburgh School of Law Community Service Award
University of Pittsburgh School of Law
Juris Doctor, 2006
- Certificate in International and Comparative Law, 2006
Kansas Wesleyan University
Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration, 2003
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, 2003
Bachelor of Arts in Computer Information Systems, 2003
Minor in Criminal Justice, 2003
Previously, Mr. Webb's cases involved state and federal lawsuits pertaining to water and soil contamination, Proposition 65, as well as fraudulent bond activity and construction defect issues for a Fortune 100 company. He also has experience representing companies against claims involving discrimination, harassment and wrongful termination issues.
Mr. Webb's experience includes:
- In October 2013, Mr. Webb first chaired and argued a commercial dispute at a bench trial and obtained judgment in favor of his client, a commercial real estate company with assets of approximately $12 billion.
- In 2012, Mr. Webb was involved in a successful mediation for a Fortune 100 company involving a multi-state fraudulent bond and construction matter resulting in settlement with over 50 separate entities.
- In 2012-2013, Mr. Webb was involved in contributing to obtaining summary adjudication against Plaintiff’s claims against the client in a large multiparty groundwater contamination lawsuit.
- Successfully negotiated a Joint Venture between a local California company with a large Texas based company.
- Successfully amended his construction framing client’s charter and helped to incorporate the company.
- Successfully obtained summary judgment against Plaintiff’s claims of defamation and slander against his client, a medical professional.
District Justice of Phi Alpha Delta International Law Fraternity's District III
Certificate in International and Comparative Law (University of Pittsburgh School of Law)