Berj Parseghian is a partner in the New York office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Business Practices, Complex Business & Commercial Litigation, Energy & Environment, and Products Liability Practices. He has more than 14 years of experience litigating some of the most challenging matters in the country. Mr. Parseghian's practice has spanned a broad range of complex litigation matters, including product liability, toxic tort, environmental, breach of contract, administrative law, unfair competition, theft of trade secret and real estate cases. He has represented clients in a wide range of industries, including energy, consumer products, refining, banking, government, healthcare, beauty products, and chemicals.
Prior to joining Lewis Brisbois, Mr. Parseghian served as a Senior Attorney at the Southern California Edison Company.
Primary Area(s) of Practice
- Toxic Tort & Environmental Litigation
District of Columbia
United States District Court, Southern District of New York
United States District Court, Eastern District of New York
United States District Court, Western District of New York
United States District Court, Northern District of New York
United States District Court, Central District of California
United States District Court, Southern District of California
United States District Court, Eastern District of California
United States District Court, Northern District of California
United States District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
United States District Court, Northern District of Indiana
United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
United States Court of Appeals, DC Circuit
United States Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
United States Court of Appeals, Veterans Claims
- New York State Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
UCLA School of Law
Juris Doctor, 1998
California Institute of Technology
Graduate Student in Chemistry
The University of Michigan
Bachelor of Science in Chemistry with High Honors, 1994
- First-chair trial counsel in a federal court environmental action concerning contamination of soil and groundwater with petroleum products.
- Trial counsel in a state court jury trial for fraud and breach of contract arising from an energy purchase agreement.
- Represented an independent power producer in California State Water Resources Control Board permit fee proceedings and a subsequent appeal.
- Lead counsel in state court and federal multi-district environmental litigation for alleged groundwater contamination from leaking underground storage tanks.
- Represented a major fragrance manufacturer in a federal court theft of trade secrets action.
- Represented major appliance manufacturers in state court products liability actions.
- Temporary Judge, Los Angeles Superior Court, 2011-2013
- Arbitrator, Los Angeles Superior Court, 2003-2007