Ashleigh Reif Kasper
Ashleigh Kasper is an partner in the Los Angeles office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Labor & Employment Practice. She has experience defending employers in individual and multi-plaintiff lawsuits and pre-litigation claims for workplace discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination, and wage and hour violations. Ms. Kasper also provides counseling to employers in personnel matters and assists in drafting policies and procedures. Ms. Kasper also defends individual and corporate entities against employment and non-employment sexual assault, sexual harassment, and negligence claims.
Prior to working at Lewis Brisbois, Ms. Kasper worked as a law clerk with the Ventura County District Attorney's Office. She also worked as a law clerk with Los Angeles Dependency Lawyers, Inc., a firm specializing in juvenile dependency law.
Primary Area(s) of Practice
- Labor & Employment
- COVID-19: Labor & Employment
United States District Court for the Central District of California
Pepperdine University School of Law
Juris Doctor, cum laude, 2013
- Lead Articles Editor and Technical Editor, Journal of the National Association of the Administrative Law Judiciary
University of California, Los Angeles
Bachelor of Arts, cum laude, 2010
- Certified Law Clerk, Ventura County District Attorney
- Law Clerk, Los Angeles Dependency Lawyers, Inc.
- New California Law Provides Joint Liability to Employers for Labor Contractor's Failure to Pay Wages to and Carry Workers' Compensation Insurance to Workers, Lewis Brisbois Labor & Employment Practice Client Alert, August 2014
- Helping the Helpless: The Foreign Policy Strategies Underlying Humanitarian Rhetoric In American Refugee Law and Policy, 32 J. Nat'l Ass'n Admin. L. Judiciary 309, 2012