Philip Furia is a litigation partner in the New York office of Lewis Brisbois.
As a member of the Professional Liability Practice, Philip defends licensed professionals, businesses, law firms and accounting firms against claims alleging professional malpractice, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty and fraud.
Philip has experience handling a wide range of civil litigation matters, examples of which include:
- Complete dismissal of a securities fraud case in the Southern District of New York after lengthy discovery proceedings.
- Summary judgment dismissal of an aiding and abetting breach of fiduciary duty claim stemming from a partnership dispute.
- Favorable settlement of a False Claims Act matter in the Southern District of New York.
Philip litigates cases in state and federal courts throughout New York. He also regularly briefs and argues appeals in the New York State Appellate Division.
In both 2017 and 2018, Philip was recognized as a “Rising Star” for Civil Litigation by New York Super Lawyers.
Primary Area(s) of Practice
- Professional Liability
- Complex Business & Commercial Litigation
- Accountants Errors & Omissions
- Legal Malpractice Defense
- Securities Litigation & FINRA
New York State Courts
New Jersey State Courts
U.S. District Courts
- Eastern District of New York
- Southern District of New York
- District of New Jersey
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Professional Liability Underwriting Society
- Member, Claims Litigation Management Alliance (CLM)
Seton Hall University School of Law
Juris Doctor, 2009
The College of New Jersey
Bachelor of Science, 2006