Tim Young is the administrative partner in the Chicago office of Lewis Brisbois and vice-chair of the firm-wide General Liability Practice. He has 34 years of litigation experience representing various commercial entities including retailers, restaurants, hospitality providers, taverns, associations, product manufacturers, transportation companies and construction contractors in matters of serious and catastrophic personal injuries as well as commercial disputes.
Since 1985 Tim has tried to jury verdict over 40 cases in Illinois and Wisconsin and has managed numerous cases at arbitration and mediation.
Primary Area(s) of Practice
- General Liability
- National Trial Practice
United States Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
All United States District Courts, Illinois
All United States District Courts, Wisconsin
American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
Awards & Honors
- AV rated by Martindale-Hubbel’s Peer Review
- Staff Editor, Marquette Law Review, 1983-1985
Marquette University School of Law
Juris Doctor, 1985
Bachelor of Science, 1981
- Defense verdict for a condotel association involved in a commercial dispute with homeowners over the purchase and reorganization of the association and its contracts with homeowners.
- Tried to verdict catastrophic injury case of high school student run over by turning commercial trucker resulting in split verdict with post trial work resulting in new trial.
- Defense verdict to national food chain when a vendor fell off a stationary ladder inside the restaurant.
- Summary judgment for security guard company when guard was accused of raping visitor to apartment complex.
- Defended horse boarding stable in catastrophic injury case relating to Illinois statute regarding willfully serving minors.
- Defended down state Illinois school district in seven suits involving claims of sexual grooming and molestation by male junior high dean.
- Defense verdict to home nursing care provider who allegedly placed client in scalding bath water.
- Defense verdict in Wisconsin to home improvement retailer when customer tripped and fell at construction work site.
- Defended middle school baseball coach in case alleging sexual abuse and molestation relating to repressed memory.
- Defended YMCA in multiple death case of Chicago city high school students attending leadership program.
- Author, Case Note, Marquette Law Review, 1983
- Co-Author, “ATM Liability, Third-Party Liability for Criminal Attacks," Illinois Defense Counsel, 1993