Brantley Rowlen is the managing partner of the Savannah office. Mr. Rowlen has extensive litigation experience in the defending medical negligence actions on behalf of physicians, nurses, and healthcare entities, including hospitals, assisted living facilities, personal care homes, skilled nursing facilities, ambulatory surgical centers and correctional facilities. Mr. Rowlen has also successfully defended insureds against commercial litigation, premises liability, product liability, automobile/trucking liability and construction defect claims.
Mr. Rowlen also has significant experience in defending complex products liability claims. In that regard, Mr. Rowlen serves as local counsel in several states and as a member of national trial teams for multiple clients in the defense of claims involving asbestos, silica, benzene and other mixed solvents. Mr. Rowlen also handles individual products liability cases arising from the use of consumer products and industrial equipment.
Mr. Rowlen has successfully defended clients throughout Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky, Florida and the Carolinas. In this regard, Mr. Rowlen has significant litigation experience in successfully drafting and arguing dispositive motions, including motions to dismiss, motions for judgment on the pleadings, and motions for summary judgment. He is similarly experienced in defending against claims for punitive damages, conducting and defending depositions, negotiating settlements, assisting with all aspects of trial preparation and trying to verdict.
Primary Area(s) of Practice
- Products Liability
- State Bar of Georgia
- Atlanta Bar Association
- State Bar of Tennessee
- State Bar of Kentucky
- State Bar of West Virginia
- Young Lawyers Division and Professional Liability Steering Committees, and Liaison for Young Lawyers Division and Professional Liability Committee for the Defense Research Institute
- Litigation Committee Member and Membership Chair for the Young Lawyers Division of the State Bar of Georgia
- Board Member of the Young Lawyers Division of the State Bar of Georgia Executive Committee, 2011-2012, 2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2014-2015
- Lawyers Club of Atlanta
- Evaluator, Georgia Mock Trial Competition, 2010-2015
Awards & Honors
- One of 40 young lawyers statewide to be selected to attend the Georgia State Bar Young Lawyers Division 2010 Leadership Academy.
- Selected by Law and Politics and Atlanta Magazine as a Georgia Super Lawyers Rising Star from 2009 to 2018.
University of Memphis
Juris Doctor, 2005
University of Georgia
Bachelor of Arts, 2001
- Co-authored several articles for the Defense Research Institute discussing the impact of Georgia’s 2005 Tort Reform on the defense of matters alleging medical negligence.
- Co-authored article in 2009 for the Defense Research Institute detailing impact of recent products liability decisions in the substantive areas of Tort Reform, Preemption, Firearm Manufacturers, Pharmaceuticals, Venue, Long-Arm Jurisdiction, Green Litigation, and Market Share Liability in the District Court for the District of Columbia.
- Co-authored article in 2010 for the Defense Research Institute detailing impact of recent products liability decisions in the substantive areas of Tort Reform, Preemption, Firearm Manufacturers, Pharmaceuticals, Venue, Long-Arm Jurisdiction, Green Litigation, and Market Share Liability in the District Court for the 11th Circuit.
- Burton v. ECI Mgmt. Corp., 346 Ga. App. 668 (2018)
- Gottschalk v. Woods, 329 Ga. App. 730 (2014)
- Freeman v. LTC Healthcare of Georgia, Inc., 329 Ga. App. 763 (2014)
- Woods v. Allied Van Lines, Inc., 316 Ga. App. 548, 730S.E.2d 35 (2012)