John Porter is a partner in the San Bernardino office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the General Liability Practice. Mr. Porter's practice focuses on the defense of law enforcement officers and law enforcement agencies against allegations of false arrest, false imprisonment, civil rights violations, excessive force, wrongful death, assault and battery, and other police misconduct.
Mr. Porter has over 40 years and 50 jury trials of defense experience and has successfully litigated numerous trials against some of the most experienced civil rights attorneys in California.
Mr. Porter is a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), the Inn of Court, and the Federal Bar Association. He also serves as a member of the Magistrate Judge Merit Selection Panel of the United States District Court for the Central District of California.
Primary Area(s) of Practice
- General Liability
- National Trial Practice
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- Past President
- Current rank: "Advocate"
- Federal Bar Association
- Member, Board of Directors
- Riverside County Bar Association
Awards & Honors
- Civility Award by the American Board of Trial Advocates (San Bernardino/Riverside California chapter) (2007)
- Outstanding Attorney Award by the Leo E. Deegan Inn of Court (Riverside / San Bernardino, CA) (2009)
- Erwin Chemerinsky Defender of the Constitution Award by the Federal Bar Association, Inland Empire Chapter (2010)
University of San Diego
Juris Doctor, 1974
San Diego State University
Bachelor of Arts,1969