Kevin Nicholas is a partner in the Phoenix office of Lewis Brisbois and the vice-chair of the nationwide Long Term Care and Healthcare Practices. He is an experienced trial attorney who represents clients in all facets of litigation involving claims of alleged elder abuse, medical malpractice, products liability and general liability.
- Mr. Nicholas has successfully represented the interests of skilled nursing facilities, residential care facilities, assisted living facilities, behavioral health facilities, management companies, and nursing registries on claims of alleged elder abuse and wrongful death; also represents those entities in regulatory matters against state agencies.
- Mr. Nicholas has successfully represented the interests of medical doctors, osteopathic physicians, podiatrists, dentists, psychologists, therapists, physician assistants, nurses and other health care professionals on claims of medical malpractice and wrongful death; also represents those entities in regulatory matters against state agencies.
- Mr. Nicholas also has extensive experience in product liability and pharmaceutical litigation. He has successfully represented product manufacturers in a variety of claims, including wrongful death.
- Successfully tried numerous cases as first chair
- Arbitrated numerous cases
- Mediated successfully numerous large exposure cases
Primary Area(s) of Practice
- Long-Term Care & Elder Law
- Arizona Association of Defense Counsel
- Maricopa County Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- National Bar Association
Awards & Honors
“Up and Coming Lawyer” - BizArizona Magazine
- Speaker, “The Last 60 Days--Golden Rules for Trial Preparation,” 2009 DRI Nursing Home/ALF Litigation Seminar
- Mr. Nicholas has also presented seminars and in-services on various legal issues to skilled nursing facilities, healthcare entities, insurance companies, and municipalities.
Washington & Lee University School of Law
Juris Doctor, 1993
Bachelor of Arts, 1988