Kevin Nicholas is a partner in the Phoenix office of Lewis Brisbois, and a vice-chair of the nationwide Healthcare, Medical Malpractice, and Long-Term Care Practices. He is also a member of the Behavioral Health Practice. He is an experienced trial attorney who represents clients in all facets of litigation involving healthcare claims of alleged elder abuse and medical malpractice, as well as claims of products liability and general liability. In addition, he has substantial experience in representing healthcare providers in regulatory matters before state boards.
Mr. Nicholas has successfully represented the interests of skilled nursing facilities, residential care facilities, assisted living facilities, behavioral health facilities, management companies, and nursing registries on claims of alleged elder abuse and wrongful death.
Mr. Nicholas also has successfully represented the interests of medical doctors, osteopathic physicians, podiatrists, dentists, psychologists, therapists, physician assistants, nurses and other health care professionals on claims of medical malpractice and wrongful death.
Mr. Nicholas also has extensive experience in product liability and pharmaceutical litigation. He has successfully represented product manufacturers in a variety of claims, including wrongful death.
A courtroom veteran, Mr. Nicholas has successfully tried many cases as First Chair. He has also arbitrated numerous cases, and successfully mediated many large-exposure cases.
Primary Area(s) of Practice
- COVID-19: Healthcare/Long-Term Care/Regulatory
- Medical Malpractice
- Long-Term Care
- Behavioral Health Practice
- Arizona Association of Defense Counsel
- Maricopa County Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- National Bar Association
Awards & Honors
Listed in Best Lawyers in America® 2023-2024 — Medical Malpractice Law - Defendants
- Speaker, “The Last 60 Days--Golden Rules for Trial Preparation,” 2009 DRI Nursing Home/ALF Litigation Seminar
- Mr. Nicholas has also presented seminars and in-services on various legal issues to skilled nursing facilities, healthcare entities, insurance companies, and municipalities.
Washington & Lee University School of Law
Juris Doctor, 1993
Bachelor of Arts, 1988