Jana Lubert is the co-managing partner in the Los Angeles office of Lewis Brisbois and is co-chair of the Insurance Law and Directors & Officers Coverage Practices. Her practice focuses on insurance coverage matters including representation of insurance companies in litigation, arbitration and mediation. She has represented and defended insurance companies in matters involving management, professional, and employment practices liability insurance products. Ms. Lubert has over thirty years experience acting as coverage counsel and monitoring counsel in securities litigation, employment related claims and claims asserted against various professionals and works closely with insurers and insureds in resolving pending litigation and claims. Ms. Lubert has also represented directors and officers in litigation filed against them.
Ms. Lubert is also involved in the administration of the firm through her role as the firm’s General Counsel, membership on the firm’s Management Committee, and her position as Co-Managing Partner of the Los Angeles Office.
She served as second chair at trial and was involved in an appeal which resulted in a favorable outcome for our client. American Medical International v. National Union Fire Insurance Company of Pittsburgh, PA, 244 F.3d 715 (9th.Cir.2001).
Ms. Lubert successfully obtained summary judgment in favor of our client in a legal malpractice action, which was affirmed on appeal. Alex Abassi v. Dale Welke, 118 Cal App.4th 1353, (2004). She has also defended numerous employers, law firms, insurance companies, and corporations in varying matters.
Primary Area(s) of Practice
- Insurance Law
- Directors & Officers Coverage
Awards & Honors
Listed, Los Angeles Business Journal’s Most Influential Women Lawyers, 2018-2019
Ms. Lubert participated as a speaker on the following topics:
- Anatomy of an Insurance Policy 2019 – Strategies to Understanding Coverage Better (The Rutter Group)
- The Opioid Epidemic: Litigation, Mitigation, Healthcare & Insurance (February 2019)
- The Top Ten Ethical Traps, Tips and Temptations for Industry, Inside and Outside Counsel (December 2018)
- Legal Ethics and Regulations (November 2017)
- FINRA and Related Insurance Coverage Issues (July 2017)
- The Tripartite Relationship 2.0 – What are Your Duties When Your Clients are in Conflict? (May 2017)
Loyola Law School
Juris Doctor, 1988
University of California at Los Angeles
Bachelor of Arts, 1985