Ryan Gill is a partner in the Denver and Minneapolis offices of Lewis Brisbois. Mr. Gill maintains a broad tort litigation practice, as well as an active insurance coverage and bad faith practice.
Mr. Gill’s tort litigation practice is focused on defending clients in personal injury claims arising in a variety of contexts, including motor vehicle accident, premises liability, and wrongful death claims.
Mr. Gill’s insurance practice is focused on insurance coverage counseling, as well as defending insurance companies in bad faith litigation. His insurance practice includes counseling insurance companies on first-party and third-party coverage disputes, as well as representing and advising insurance companies in bad faith litigation, declaratory judgment actions, mediations, appraisals, examinations under oath, and related proceedings. Mr. Gill is often proactively retained to assist with resolving difficult claims before litigation is filed.
Mr. Gill has successfully briefed and argued appeals in state and federal courts.
Primary Area(s) of Practice
- General Liability
- Bad Faith Litigation
- Insurance Coverage
- Insurance Regulatory & Compliance
- First Party Property
- COVID-19: Insurance Coverage
United States District Court for the District of Colorado
United States District Courts for the Central and Southern District of California
United States District Court for the Western District of Washington
United States District Court for the District of Wyoming
7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th Circuit Court of Appeals
United States Supreme Court
University of Colorado School of Law
Juris Doctor, 2003
- University of Colorado Law Review, Associate Editor
University of Colorado
Bachelor of Arts, 2000
- “State Immunity and the Americans with Disabilities Act After Board of Trustees of the University of Alabama v. Garrett,” 74 Univ. of Colo. L. Rev. 1239, 2003
- “The Federalization of the Crime of Torture: An Analysis of the Constitutional and International Law Issues,” in Sienho Yee (ed.), 2 International Crimes and Punishment: Selected Issues 205, 2004
- Kauai Scuba Center, Inc. v. PADI Americas, Inc., et al., 524 Fed. Appx. 344 (9th Cir. May 3, 2013)
- Barry Shy, et al. v. The Ins. Co. of the State of Pa., 528 Fed. Appx. 752 (9th Cir. June 18, 2013)
- Genutec Business Solutions, Inc. v. Weiss, et al., G044744 (Cal. App. 4th Dist. July 9, 2013)
- Rooftop Roofing, Inc. v. American Family Mutual Ins. Co., 13CA0861 (Colo. App. June 5, 2014)
- BancInsure, Inc. v. FDIC, et al., 796 F.3d 1226 (10th Cir. 2015)