Kristen Deal is a partner in the Los Angeles office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Real Estate, Land Use and Environment Practice. Ms. Deal focuses her practice on real estate law.
Kristen Deal’s practice is focused on the representation, counseling, and advising of clients with respect to all aspects of real estate and business transactions including the following:
- Drafting and negotiating purchase and sale agreements for both residential and commercial properties, option agreements, leases, ground leases, easement agreements, utility agreements, construction contracts, property management agreements, tenancy-in-common agreements, deeds, legal opinions, and escrow instructions
- Advising on all aspects of real estate purchase and financial transactions, including preparation and negotiation of all loan origination and modification documents
- Conducting due diligence of all aspects of real property purchase and sale deals and loan transactions
- Handling a wide range of corporate and business matters, including reviewing and drafting general and limited partnership, operating, and shareholder’s agreements, forming and dissolving entities, facilitating the purchase and sale of businesses, and counseling on bulk sale transfers
Primary Area(s) of Practice
- Real Estate, Land Use & Environment
- Public Agency & Municipal Law
- California State Bar
Whittier School of Law
Juris Doctor, 1998
University of California at Los Angeles
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, 1993
- Kristen Deal has contributed a chapter to a book entitled Inside the Minds: Strategies for Green Real Estate Law. The published chapter is called "The Role and Regulation of Green Buildings in California and Los Angeles - A New Paradigm for Real Estate Lawyers and Professionals."
- Co-Author, Commercial Real Estate Purchase and Sale Transactions in California – a Beginner’s Guide.