Alexis Crump is a partner in the Los Angeles office of Lewis Brisbois. She is a co-chair of our Commercial Lending Practice, a vice chair of our Corporate and Italy Practices, and co-chair of our Diversity Equity & Inclusion Committee.
Alexis is a national leader and sought-after advisor for successful mid-market companies. She has more than 25 years of experience in private equity, municipal finance, real estate, EB-5 financing, and mergers and acquisitions. Over her career, she has closed more than $3 billion of financings, acquisitions, and sales for private equity, lending institutions, developers, and public entities.
Clients rely on Alexis to navigate complex issues, and provide creative solutions. She is the “go-to” lawyer for mid-sized companies seeking advice and counsel on next steps to create and optimize value – whether by transfer, restructuring, or lending. She has finance experience across industries and geographic regions with closings of, among others, an airport, baseball stadium, rail and transit system, solar generation facility, national amusement park, university student housing, major oil company headquarters, horse racing facility, hotel and casino, international travel company, and logistics facilities at a major airport.
Whether it’s a transaction valued at $10 million or more than $400 million, Alexis offers her vast knowledge and sophisticated analysis to her clients from LOI to closing. Clients rely on her for both buy-side and sell-side business acquisitions, including in transactions involving an aerospace manufacturer, national logistics company, national manufacturing company, international steel company, medical supply company, international toy company, international jewelry company, and international furniture company, among others.
Her international work is primarily focused on representing European law firms and their clients in their cross-border work in the United States, namely structuring, documentation, due diligence, and compliance. She has spearheaded the formation and growth of Lewis Brisbois’ Italian cross-border practice, in which she serves as vice chair.
Primary Area(s) of Practice
- Banking & Finance
- Public Agency & Municipal Law
- Real Estate & Land Use
- Italy Practice
- Indian Nations
- Commercial Lending
- Financial Restructuring & Loan Workout Practice
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- COVID-19: Contracts & Force Majeure
- COVID-19 Response Resource Center
- COVID-19: Financial Restructuring/Workouts/Receiverships
- Government Relations
- Mending Kids, Board Member (International Surgical Missions)
- Mainsprings, Board Member (Tanzanian Education/Self-Sustainability/Permaculture)
- WordTheatre, Board Member (Arts - Los Angeles/New York/London)
- The Links Inc., Beverly Hills West Chapter, Executive Board Member and Legislative Issues & Public Affairs Chair (Arts, Health, International and National Trends, Youth)
- National Association of Bond Lawyers (NABL), Member
Awards & Honors
- Daily Journal, Top Women Lawyers, 2021
- American Heart Association, Woman of Impact Soulful Hearts Team, 2021
- Los Angeles Business Journal, Most Influential Woman Lawyers in Los Angeles, 2021
- Lawyer Monthly, Women in Law Award, 2020
- Los Angeles Business Journal, 50 Most Influential Woman Lawyers in Los Angeles, 2017
- Daily Journal, 100 Top Women Lawyers in California, 2015
- Phi Delta Phi Legal Honor Society, Georgetown University Law Center
- University of California, Berkeley Honor Students’ Society
- Alfred P. Sloan Fellow, Goldman School of Public Policy, University of California, Berkeley
- Presenter, CenterForce Women in Law Summit Series: "Driving Diversity in Law & Leadership - Networking Post-Pandemic - The New Normal," Los Angeles, May 2021
- Presenter, “Aspects of Business Law,” Lowell Milken Institute for Business Law and Policy, UCLA School of Law Summer Fellows Program, July 1, 2020
- Presenter, “Covid-19/International Legal Experts Points of View,” Marco Polo Line Webinar Series, April 15, 2020
- Moderator, “Next Steps for EB-5 in Housing Markets,” Conference on Real Estate Private Equity on Land & Home Building – IMN, April 24-25, 2014
Harvard Business School Executive Education
Georgetown University Law Center
University of California, Berkeley
Bachelor of Arts
- Honor Students’ Society
- Alfred P. Sloan Fellow, Goldman School of Public Policy
- Represented lender in connection with $80mm of a total $1B financing of a solar generation facility.
- Represented lender in connection with $116mm of a total $284mm financing of national amusement park subsidiary.
- Represented lender in connection with $65mm of a total $150mm financing of university building and student housing expansion.
- Represented lender in connection with $31.5mm of a $71mm financing of a major oil company headquarters.
- Represented lender in connection with $49.5mm of a $151mm financing of a major Texas university’s student housing.
- Represented lender in connection with $70mm of a $237mm financing of master planned community in Maryland.
- Represented lender in connection with $450mm of the $2.3B financing of the Century Plaza Hotel and Towers (Los Angeles, CA) and LA Metro Purple Line expansion.
- Represented Borrower as local counsel (several states) in connection with $346mm acquisition financing of a logistics company.
- Represented Borrower in connection with $120mm of a total $185mm acquisition financing of a horse racing company.
- Bond Counsel for $40mm Tax Exempt Promissory Note in connection with $1B airport development infrastructure project.
- Bond Counsel for $76mm Tax Allocation Revenue Bonds in connection with a $200mm downtown infrastructure project.
- Bond Counsel for $20mm Tax Allocation Revenue Bonds in connection with a $1B rail infrastructure project.
- Bond Counsel for $62mm Tax Allocation Revenue Bonds in connection with a $1.5B transit infrastructure project.
- Bond Counsel for $5.7mm Housing Authority of the County of San Bernardino Bond Anticipation Notes (Mobilehome Park Projects)
- Bond Counsel for $27mm Housing Authority of the County of San Bernardino Multifamily Mortgage Revenue Notes (Mobilehome Park Projects)
- Represented seller in connection with the sale of a division of a steel company.
- Represented seller in connection with the sale of an aerospace parts manufacturer.
- Represented seller in connection with the sale of a medical supply company.