Alexander Harne is an associate in the Fort Lauderdale office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Labor & Employment Practice. Mr. Harne specializes in labor & employment defense litigation in federal and state courts. Mr. Harne also advises employers on compliance with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations governing employment relationships.
Mr. Harne has been published by the Labor & Employment Section of the Florida Bar on several occasions. Mr. Harne has represented several Fortune 500 companies, in addition to various other public employers and municipalities throughout South Florida, on matters ranging from employment discrimination and retaliation under local, state, and federal laws, wage and hour disputes, public and private whistleblower actions, restrictive covenants and other contract disputes, employee benefits assistance and COBRA, ERISA, employee handbook and company policy-making and advising clients as to best practices in employment and labor matters.
Mr. Harne has extensive litigation experience at both the state and federal level. Mr. Harne is admitted to practice in the Southern, Middle and Northern Districts of Florida. Mr. Harne is an active member of the Fort Lauderdale legal community.
Primary Area(s) of Practice
- Labor & Employment
- Florida Bar Association
- Government Advocacy Committee, 2023-2024
- American Bar Association
- Broward County Bar Association
- University of Miami Alumni Association
Awards & Honors
Super Lawyers Rising Star list, 2022
Panelist/Speaker, “Non-Competes and No-Poach Agreements—Robbing Employees of Labor Market Competition? Another Kind of Antitrust,” hosted by Florida Lawyers Mutual Insurance
University of Miami School of Law
University of Central Florida
Bachelor of Science in Political Science, cum laude
Pro Bono & Philanthropy
Pro Bono Counsel - Habitat of Humanity for Lee and Hendry Counties
- “Employment Landscape Transforms During Resurgence of COVID-19 and Its Variants,” The Checkoff, The Florida Bar Labor & Employment Section, September 2021
- “SCOTUS Declines to Review Fourth Circuit’s Joint Employer Test,” The Checkoff, The Florida Bar Labor & Employment Section, June 2018
- “Unpaid Intern or Unpaid Liability,” The Checkoff, The Florida Bar Labor & Employment Law Section, March 2018
- “Summary of Amendments to Local Rules for S.D. Fla. Administrative Order 2017-60 (Effective Dec. 1, 2017),” The Checkoff, The Florida Bar Labor & Employment Law Section, December 2017