Records and Information Management Senior Specialist (RIMS) – Phoenix
October 06, 2021
Our Phoenix office is expanding and currently seeking candidates with records management experience to join our team.
Please submit your resume to: Corbin.Casarez@LewisBrisbois.com.
The Records and Information Management Senior Specialist (RIMS) is responsible for daily operational tasks related to file organization, maintenance, storage, and security, utilizing advanced skills and experience. These tasks include, but are not limited to: the creation, labeling, tracking and storage of both electronic and paper files in accordance with Firm policies, procedures, and workflows.
- Process incoming electronic and hard-copy records into Firm-approved storage.
- Prepare and scan hard-copy documents into electronic format.
- Assist with tracking custody of official files and their contents, whether in electronic or paper format.
- Respond to requests to locate, retrieve, return, or update items.
- Review electronic and hard copy files for accuracy and proper organization.
- Assist with transfer, closing, retention and cleansing of files in accordance with Firm procedures.
- Comply with Firm policy, procedures, and workflows related to information storage and governance, and assist with communicating these standards to Firm personnel.
- Provide high-quality customer service and assist with service recovery.
- Provide input to management about workload and workflows.
- Participate in or lead special projects and mentor Records and Information Management Specialists as requested.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 1-year experience with record management with legal/law firm experience.
- Intermediate computer skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to comprehend, follow, and relay instructions.
- Ability to communicate clearly in professional setting.
- Critical thinking skills and good judgment to discern priorities and to identify how to escalate concerns.
- Physical capacity to push, pull, or move carts and lift boxes up to 20 lbs. Reasonable accommodations will be made for qualified individuals with disabilities.