Matt Jensen is a partner in the Kansas City and Wichita offices of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the firm's Labor & Employment Practice. Matt also has extensive experience in insurance coverage, products liability, premises liability and toxic torts. For more than 20 years, Matt has represented several manufacturing companies in asbestos cases pending throughout the Midwest. Matt has also previously served as national coordinating counsel assisting clients in the management of their asbestos litigation in different jurisdictions across the country.
Matt's philosophy is based on treating client legal problems as if they were his own, providing objective and straightforward advice while serving as a forceful advocate on behalf of each of his clients. Matt strives to work personally with his clients to find innovative and practical legal solutions that keep the client’s business goals in mind.
After law school, Matt relocated to the Kansas City area. He currently resides in Olathe, Kansas with his wife and their three children. In his free time, Matt enjoys hiking and watching his kids play sports.
Primary Area(s) of Practice
- Labor & Employment
- General Liability
- State Bar of Michigan
- Missouri Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Claims and Litigation Management
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
Michigan State University College of Law
Juris Doctor, 1996
Michigan State University
Bachelor of Arts, 1992
- Johnston v. Multidata Systems International Corp., 523 F.3d 602 (5th Cir. 2008)
- Chandler v. Multidata Systems International Corp., 163 S.W.3d 537 (Mo.App. E.D. 2005)
- Arnold v. Hewitt, 32 Kan.App.2d 500, 85 P.3d 220 (2004)
- Brown v. Farmers Insurance Co., Inc., 31 Kan.App.2d 419, 65 P.3d 1063 (2003)
- Mynatt v. Collis, 274 Kan. 850, 57 P.3d 513 (2002)
- Reis v. Peabody Coal Co., 997 S.W.2d 49 (Mo.App. E.D 1999)