Shirley Foster is an Associate Attorney in the Las Vegas office of Lewis Brisbois. She is a member of the firm’s Insurance Coverage and Bad Faith Litigation Practice. Shirley offers extensive civil litigation and insurance regulation experience.
Ms. Foster has litigated civil actions involving alleged premises liability, products liability, personal injury, construction defects, medical malpractice, eminent domain, inverse condemnation, and transportation. Prior to joining Lewis Brisbois, Ms. Foster served as Insurance Counsel for the Nevada Division of Insurance.
Shirley is admitted to practice before the United States District Court for the District of Nevada and all Nevada state courts.
Shirley handles complex insurance coverage matters and defends first party claims involving personal and commercial lines. She has extensive motion practice and depositions experience. She has first-chaired arbitrations, mediations, and regulatory hearings and second-chaired trials. She understands the needs of her insurer clients and excels at finding cost effective and innovative ways to resolve complex issues presented to her.
Primary Area(s) of Practice
- Insurance Coverage
- Bad Faith Litigation
- General Liability
Awards & Honors
- Associate Editor, Willamette Law Review
- Managing Articles Editor, Willamette Journal of International Law and Dispute Resolution
- Judicial Extern, Oregon Supreme Court
- CALI Excellence Award for outstanding class performance in Liability Insurance
University of Connecticut School of Law
Master of Laws, Insurance Law
Willamette University College of Law
Brigham Young University
Bachelor of Arts, Communications
- Prudent Provenance – Looking Your Gift Horse in the Mouth, 8 U.C.L.A. Entertainment Law Review 143 (2001).
- An American Inquiry Into Contemporary Terrorist Accountability, 6 Texas Review of Law & Politics 513 (2002).