Michael Franz is a partner in the Chicago and Fort Lauderdale offices of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the General Liability and Transportation Practices.
Areas of focus in business, transportation, and general litigation, and extensive trial and arbitration experience in fraud, toxic/mass torts, personal injury defense, wrongful death, and products liability litigation.
Michael has prior experience in insurance defense, insurance coverage, arson, consumer fraud, and warranty law actions.
Primary Area(s) of Practice
- General Liability
- National Trial Practice
Michigan State University College of Law
Juris Doctor, 1996
Oxford University, St. Edmund Hall, Oxford, England
Graduate Studies, 1994
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan
Bachelor of Arts, History, Political Science, and German, 1993
Foreign Language Capabilities
- River City Condo. Assoc. v. Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., 89 N.E.3d 763 (Ill. 1st Dist. 2017)
- Thorndale Beach North Condo. Assoc. v. Berar, 2014 IL App (1st) 123587
- Wright Development Group, LLC v. John Walsh, et al., 939 N.E.2d 389 (Ill.Sup.Ct. 2010)
- Metropolitan Condominium Association v. Crescent Heights, 859 N.E.2d 271 (Ill. 1st Dist. 2006)
- UFG, LLC v. Southwest Corporation, 848 N.E.2d 353 (Ind.Ct.App. 2006)
- McCready v. eBay, Inc., 453 F.3d 882 (7th Cir. 2006)
- McCready v. eBay, Inc., 2005 WL 6082528 (C.D.Ill. 2005)
- Schramer v. Tiger Athletic Ass'n, 815 N.E.2d 994 (Ill. 2nd Dist. 2004)
- UFG, LLC v. Southwest Corporation, 784 N.E.2d 536 (Ind.Ct.App. 2003)