Richard “Rip” Beyman is a partner in the New York office of Lewis Brisbois and a Vice-Chair of the Entertainment, Media & Sports Practice.
Rip has comprehensive entertainment industry experience in transactions of all types and across all media and platforms. He counsels producer clients in strategic planning and negotiation from rights acquisition through development to financing, production, and distribution. He represents and negotiates agreements on behalf of creative talent, artists, and executives. Prior to returning to private practice, Rip served as a Senior Counsel at Columbia Pictures.
Over his career, Rip has taken great satisfaction in guiding clients in addressing the challenges of protection and monetization of content and personal brands as new and disruptive technologies continually emerge. This has included catalogue licensing for new music applications, endorsement, and revenue sharing for multi-platform creators and most recently, new revenue streams and licensing paradigms being created by blockchain technology.
When he is not working, Rip enjoys his family and navigating terrain on skis or a mountain bike.
Primary Area(s) of Practice
- Entertainment, Media & Sports
- Member, Entertainment and Sports Law Section, New York State Bar Association.
- Previous Member, Entertainment Law Committee, New York City Bar Association.
- Previous Member, Law Firm Advisory Board, Association of Media and Entertainment Counsel.
Awards & Honors
New York Metro Super Lawyers, Entertainment & Sports.
Juris Doctor, 1985
A.B., with Distinction, 1982
- Co-author, Chapter on licensing intellectual property, Business & Legal Primer for Game Development.
Pro Bono & Philanthropy
- Board of Governors of the Norwalk Symphony Orchestra.