Abby Dizon-Maughan is an associate in the Salt Lake City office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the General Liability Practice. She brings with her significant trial and courtroom experience and has been recognized by her peers as an up-and-coming litigator. Ms. Dizon-Maughan was named a Rising Star by Super Lawyers/ThomsonReuters in 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021, and has been recognized by the Utah State Bar for her mentorship of young attorneys.
Ms. Dizon-Maughan is a Utah native and earned her Bachelor of Science Degree in Political Science from the University of Utah, her Master of Business Management from the University of Phoenix, and her Juris Doctor from the University of Utah S.J. Quinney College of Law, where she graduated with honors.
After graduating from law school, Ms. Dizon-Maughan started her own practice, vigorously defending the rights of the individuals accused of serious crimes. After five years, Ms. Dizon-Maughan joined a boutique firm where she transitioned from criminal defense to complex commercial litigation and medical malpractice. There she continued to build her skills as a litigator, and now joins Lewis Brisbois to provide zealous advocacy for her clients.
In addition to practicing law, Ms. Dizon-Maughan serves as the Chairperson for the Professional Standards Review board of the West Valley Police Department, is the Chairperson of the Criminal Justice Committee of the NAACP - Salt Lake Branch, and is a former president of the Utah Minority Bar Association. She also serves on several boards of the Utah Center for Legal Inclusion, and is a member of Women Lawyers of Utah, the Salt Lake County Bar Association.
Primary Area(s) of Practice
- General Liability
- Medical Malpractice
- Complex Business & Commercial Litigation
United States District Court for the District of Utah
- Utah Minority Bar Association
- David K. Watkiss Sutherland II American Inn of Court
- Utah State Bar Leadership Academy
- Utah Association for Justice
- Women Lawyers of Utah
- Salt Lake County Bar Association
- Litigation Section of the Utah State Bar
- Former ex officio member of the Utah State Bar Commission
Awards & Honors
- Legal Elite, Up & Coming, Utah Business Magazine, 2021
- Women in Law Award, Lawyer Monthly Magazine, 2018 and 2021
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021
- Young Alumna of the Year, S.J. Quinney College of Law, University of Utah, 2019
- Outstanding Mentor recognition by the Utah State Bar, 2017, 2018
- President's Award, NAACP-Salt Lake Branch, 2015
University of Utah, S.J. Quinney College of Law
Juris Doctor, with honors, 2012
University of Phoenix
Master of Business Management, 2007
University of Utah
Bachelor of Arts, 2001
"Abigail Dizon-Maughan: A LEGAL WARRIOR," Attorney at Law Magazine, October 16, 2018