Casey J. Davis is an associate in the Cleveland/Akron office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Corporate Practice. Mr. Davis advises clients on complex business issues with a focus on mergers and acquisitions, general business matters, equity and debt financing, business succession planning, and real estate transactions. He advises companies from early stage through maturity and sale or merger, with a view towards maximizing benefit and minimizing risk to their owners and investors.
Mr. Davis’ has worked on transaction teams across a broad spectrum of industries, including aviation, aerospace, transportation and logistics, manufacturing, construction, healthcare, and services industries. He has negotiated and closed transaction for private equity firms and their portfolio companies, closely-held and family businesses, and strategic and financial buyers and sellers.
Primary Area(s) of Practice
- Real Estate, Land Use & Environment
- COVID-19 Response Resource Center
United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
United States Tax Court
- American Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Akron Bar Association
- Stark County Bar Association
- Member, Board of Governors: Glenmoor County Club
- Co-Chair: Akron Bar Association, University of Akron Liaison Committee
- Graduate: Leadership Stark County, 29th Class
- Graduate: Akron Bar Association Leadership Academy, Inaugural Year
- Graduate: Ohio State Bar Association Leadership Academy
- Student Representative: Akron Bar Association, University of Akron Liaison Committee
- Vice Magister: Phi Delta Phi International Legal Fraternity
Awards & Honors
- "Ones to Watch," Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Tax Law, Best Lawyers, 2021
- Selected for inclusion in Ohio’s Super Lawyers – Rising Stars (2019, 2020), as voted by his peers
- Recipient: 2017 Stark County Twenty Under 40 Award by the Canton Regional Chamber of Commerce, the Repository, and yStark!
- Recipient: Ernest Karam Award for Academic Excellence
- Recipient: DeBow Freed Award
The University of Akron School of Law, Akron, Ohio
Juris Doctor, summa cum laude, 2014
- Akron Law Review, Editor-in-Chief
Ohio Northern University, Ada, Ohio
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, high distinction, 2011
- Ohio Northern University Men’s Varsity Swimming and Diving Team, Captain
- Beta Alpha Psi, President
- Institute of Management Accountants, President
- Casey J. Davis, Not So Secure: Should Social Security Benefits Be Considered In The Good Faith Analysis Under 11 U.S.C. §1325(a)(3)?, 47 AKRON L.REV. 255 (2014).
- Casey Davis, Purchase price adjustments in M&A: Avoiding costly mistakes, Crain’s Cleveland (2018).
Pro Bono & Philanthropy
- Member, Board of Directors: Akron Law School Alumni Association
- Member: Stark County Bar Association Young Lawyers Committee