Anna M. Luczkow is an associate in the Cleveland and Akron offices of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Corporate Practice. Anna’s practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions and other commercial transactions, as well as general corporate law matters including formation, contract negotiations, and corporate governance. Anna advises start-ups and middle market companies owned by private individuals, investment and private equity firms, and public companies on strategic decisions from early stage through maturity and sale or merger.
After graduating from law school, Anna received a fellowship to work as an in-house volunteer attorney at the Legal Aid Society of Cleveland’s Low Income Taxpayer Clinic where she advised clients on issues related to federal tax disputes. Anna received the 2017 Access to Justice Award for her pro bono contributions to Legal Aid.
Anna earned her J.D. from the University of Minnesota Law School where she served as Lead Note & Comment Editor for the Minnesota Law Review. During law school, Anna worked as a law clerk for a Fortune 500 financial services organization, a legal intern for a global alternative asset management firm, and a judicial extern to a U.S. magistrate judge for the U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota.
Primary Area(s) of Practice
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
Awards & Honors
- "Ones to Watch," Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Best Lawyers, 2021-2022
- Access to Justice Award, The Legal Aid Society of Cleveland, 2017
Co-Presenter, “Section 199A Qualified Business Income Deduction,” Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Cleveland Tax Institute, October 2019
University of Minnesota Law School
Juris Doctor, 2016
- Certificate in Business Law
- Lead Note & Comment Editor, Minnesota Law Review
- Book Award in Investment Management Law (2015)
- “A” Dean’s List (2014–2016)
- Best Oral Argument, 1L Legal Writing & Research Program (2014)
- Dean’s Distinguished Scholarship (2013–2016)
Bachelor of Science in Journalism, summa cum laude, 2012
- “Is Your Lawsuit Tax Deductible? How to know when it is, and isn’t, deductible,” J.D. Supra (2019)
- Note, Haute off the Press: Refashioning Copyright Law To Protect American Fashion Designs from the Economic Threat of 3D Printing, 100 MINN. L. REV. 871, 1131 (2016)
Pro Bono & Philanthropy
Business Advisory Committee, Employment Collaborative of Cuyahoga County