Jill M. Chase is a partner in the Las Vegas office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Medical Malpractice and General Liability Practices. For more than 25 years, Ms. Chase has defended physicians, nurses, hospitals, and other healthcare providers in litigation and administrative matters in the state of Nevada. She is experienced in handling all aspects of defending high exposure claims involving professional negligence, medical malpractice, construction defects, personal injury, and premises liability. Ms. Chase has successfully tried numerous jury trials in Nevada state courts and has handled hundreds of matters involving alternative dispute resolution, as well as administrative matters before the Nevada State Board of Medical Examiners, the Nevada State Board of Osteopathic Medicine, and the Nevada State Board of Nursing. She has also handled appeals and argued before the Nevada Supreme Court.
On her spare time, Ms. Chase volunteers her time with her son’s local boy scouts chapter as well as helping local food banks. She also contributes to numerous animal, wildlife, and environmental protection organizations.
Primary Area(s) of Practice
- Medical Malpractice
- General Liability
U.S. District Court for the District of Nevada
Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- State Bar of Nevada
- Clark County Bar Association
- Western Trial Lawyers Association
Awards & Honors
- AV® Preeminent Peer Review Rated with Martindale-Hubbell
- Top One Percent, America's Most Honored Professionals, American Registry, 2016 and 2017
- Selected for inclusion, Bar Register, Preeminent Women Lawyers, 2014
- Worldwide Registry of Executives, Professionals, and Entrepreneurs, 2014
- "Top Lawyer," Medical Malpractice, Vegas, Inc. and Desert Companion Magazine, 2013
California Western, School of Law
Juris Doctor, 1994
- Staff Editor, California Western Law Review
- Staff Editor, International Law Journal
Bachelor of Arts, 1986
Pro Bono & Philanthropy
- Board of Review, Boy Scouts of America
- Ms. Chase volunteers for a local food bank and contributes to numerous animal, wildlife, and environmental protection organizations.