Mark Caloyer is a partner in the Pittsburgh office of Lewis Brisbois and member of the General Liability and Transportation Practices. Mr. Caloyer has extensive experience in litigating product liability, construction defect and construction zone accident cases. He has tried cases to verdict in federal and state court involving personal injury, commercial torts, and insurance coverage. Mark has also handled complex cases including allegations of water contamination on behalf of a supplier to a natural gas drilling site, commercial defamation, premises liability, and asbestos exposure.
Mr. Caloyer has also represented contractors in the initial investigation and defense of construction zone accident cases and has represented general contractors, subcontractors, owners and architects in construction cases and arbitrations. He has also lectured on insurance bad faith for continuing legal education.
A life-long resident of Pittsburgh, Mr. Caloyer has worked to obtain guardianships for parents of disabled adults. He is a graduate of Duquesne University School of Law and received a bachelor of science degree from Carnegie Mellon University.
Primary Area(s) of Practice
- General Liability
- COVID-19: Construction/Contractors/Architects & Engineers
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Allegheny County Bar Association
Awards & Honors
Martindale-Hubbell AV rating
- Insurance Bad Faith Claims in Pennsylvania, Lorman Education Series, June 25, 2002
- Insurance Bad Faith Claims in Pennsylvania, Lorman Education Series, June 15, 2015
Duquesne University School of Law
Carnegie Mellon University
Bachelor of Science
- Company Wrench v. Highway Equipment Co.
- Kalumetals, Inc. v. Hitachi Magnetics Corp., 21 F. Supp. 2d 510 (W.D. Pa. 1998)
- Aiken v. Borough of Blawnox, 747 A.2d 1282 (Pa. Cmwlth. 2000)
- Burger v. Borough of Ingram, 677 A.2d 1037 (Pa. Cmwlth. 1997)
- Foster v. Herion USA, Inc., 151 PLJ 162 (C.P. Alleg. Co. 2003)
Legal Issues in the Investigation of a Party's Social Media, Breaking Ground Magazine, Master Builders Association of Western Pennsylvania, November/December 2016
Pro Bono & Philanthropy
Pittsburgh Pro Bono Partnership, Neighborhood Legal Services Guardianship Program