Carli D. Pearson is a partner in the Minneapolis office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Products Liability Practice.
Carli has significant experience defending manufacturers, businesses, and insurers in product liability and commercial litigation matters. She brings a passion for client interaction and extensive experience within life sciences to her practice as part of the national counsel team serving multiple large medical device companies.
Carli routinely handles complex cases involving personal injury, class action, wrongful death, as well as neglect and negligence claims. She defends medical device, pharmaceutical and exercise equipment manufacturers and has done national work for a medical spa company in relation to increasing litigation within the field. She executes all phases of litigation including pre-suit negotiation, discovery, fact and expert witness depositions and trial preparation.
Previously, Carli was a partner at a large international insurance defense firm where she was a member of its Commercial Litigation Practice Group focusing on product liability, toxic tort and insurance coverage matters. She also has experience defending intellectual property, medical and legal malpractice and nursing home liability matters.
Carli enjoys spending time with her husband and two children, traveling and distance running.
Primary Area(s) of Practice
- Products Liability
- Life Sciences
- COVID-19: FDA Regulatory/Life Sciences
- Complex Business & Commercial Litigation
- COVID-19: Commercial & Contractual Litigation Disputes
United States District Court for the District of Arizona
United States District Court for the District of Colorado
United States District Court for the District of Minnesota
United States District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
United States District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- Co-Presenter, “Connected Medical Technologies: Empowering Health Outcomes, Inviting Cybersecurity Litigation and the FDA,” Client Seminar, October 2017
- Co-Presenter, “Cybersecurity, Medical Devices and the FDA,” Medmarc Insurance Group 30th Annual Medical Device Seminar, June 2017
Indiana University School of Law
Juris Doctor, 1998
- Federal Communications Law Journal, Volume 51, 1998, Managing Editor
Bachelor of Arts, 1996