Amy Pierce is a partner in the Sacramento office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Class Action & Mass Tort and Complex Business & Commercial Litigation Practices. Ms. Pierce is a lead trial attorney with nearly 20 years of experience handling complex commercial litigation cases in state and federal courts. Ms. Pierce has been trial counsel in bench trials and binding arbitrations. Ms. Pierce also regularly provides clients with guidance on compliance with various consumer protection laws to help them to reduce and, in some cases, eliminate their exposure to class action litigation.
The main focus of Ms. Pierce's practice is nationwide and California-wide consumer class action litigation, and throughout her career Ms. Pierce has represented numerous national and international retailers and restaurant chains in consumer class actions. Ms. Pierce has subject matter expertise regarding laws governing prepaid and loyalty, award and promotional products, consumer privacy, marketing, contests and sweepstakes.
Ms. Pierce also has significant experience representing lenders and other financial services companies in connection with laws governing money transmission, prepaid products, and virtual currency, vehicle repossession and sale issues, and protection of privacy and personal identification information.
Ms. Pierce also has significant experience assisting contractors and subcontractors with construction disputes and contractor licensing-related issues.
Prior to joining Lewis Brisbois, Ms. Pierce was counsel at another major national law firm.
Primary Area(s) of Practice
- Class Action & Mass Tort
- Complex Business & Commercial Litigation
- Consumer Financial Services
- COVID-19: Commercial & Contractual Litigation Disputes
9th Circuit Court of Appeals
U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Central and Eastern Districts of California
- State Bar of California
Awards & Honors
- Testified before the State Assembly Judiciary Committee on proposed amendments to California's Contractors Law.
- “Social Consciousness – Not Just for the Millennials,” West Coast General Counsel Conference, November 17, 2015.
- “Before You Hit Send, Did You Know…U.S. and Canada Anti-Spam Laws,” Webinar, January 15, 2015.
- “How Consumer and Retail Businesses Can Prepare for the Next Data Breach,” Webinar, April 17, 2014.
University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law
Juris Doctor, with great distinction, 2000
California State University, San Bernardino
Bachelor of Science, 1997