Daniel XuLi is an associate in the San Francisco office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Labor & Employment Practice.
Prior to joining Lewis Brisbois, Mr. XuLi was an associate at a national law firm where his practice focused primarily on general liability, commercial and business litigation, and cybersecurity and data privacy. Mr. XuLi's professional experiences outside of the realm of law are rooted in business and accounting.
While in law school, Mr. XuLi clerked for the United States Department of Justice Office of Trustee, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory’s Office of General Counsel, and various law firms. He was the President of the Chinese American Law Association on-campus, a Research Assistant for Professor Clark Freshman, and a member of the Hastings Business Law Association. Mr. XuLi was also a member of the Hastings Negotiation and Mediation (ADR) Team for all three years. His final competition was the 2016 Jeffry S. Abrams National Mediator Competition. Mr. XuLi was inducted into the Hastings Pro Bono Society at commencement for performing substantial pro bono services.
While in college, Mr. XuLi worked for the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) in their San Francisco Regional Office’s Risk Management Division and other corporations ranging from insurance to import and distribution to accounting.
Outside of work, Mr. XuLi serves as a member of the Saint Mary’s College of California Alumni Board of Directors and the Chair of the Saint Mary's College Legacy Scholarship Committee. Mr. XuLi’s committee oversees and selects the recipients of the Saint Mary’s Legacy Scholarship, which awards student recipients with 25% of annual tuition for four years.
Mr. XuLi is also a published translator for a book entitled Nanjing Old Landscape, which acclaimed national awards in China and can be found in the Permanent Collection of the United States Library of Congress.
Primary Area(s) of Practice
- Labor & Employment
United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- Phi Alpha Delta
- Saint Mary’s College of California Alumni Association
University of California, Hastings College of the Law
Juris Doctor, 2017
- Pro Bono Service Recognition
- Past member, Hastings Business Law Association
- Past member, Hastings Negotiation and Mediation (ADR) Team
- Recipient of the Sheffield Sanborn Scholarship, 2017
- Recipient of the Albert and Mae Lee Memorial Scholarship, 2016
- Recipient of the Dean's Scholarship, Hastings Merit Scholarship, and the Percy E. Towne Scholarship, 2014-2017
Saint Mary's College of California
Bachelor of Arts in Politics, magna cum laude, 2014
- Recipient of the Gael Scholarship, 2010-2014
- Recipient of the Saint Mary's College Scholarship, 2010-2014
Pro Bono & Philanthropy
- Board of Directors, Saint Mary's College of California
- Chair, Saint Mary's Legacy Scholarship Committee
- Chinese (Mandarin)