Kathryn Ender is a partner in the Miami office of Lewis Brisbois and is a member of the Appellate Practice. Ms. Ender is a Florida Board Certified Specialist in Appellate Practice, and she has handled over 250 appeals in the Florida state courts and the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit.
Ms. Ender provides a unique perspective to litigation at the trial level by identifying and narrowing legal issues and offering strategic advice to ensure the record is well developed and preserved. As part of her litigation support practice, Ms. Ender prepares and argues dispositive motions, pre-trial motions in limine, jury instructions and post-trial motions. Ms. Ender also provides interlocutory appellate support, and handles proceedings seeking original and extraordinary relief. In addition, Ms. Ender concentrates on issues involving the service and enforceability of proposals for settlement at the state and federal levels.
Ms. Ender frequently presents and publishes on issues relevant to appellate litigation and enforceability of proposals for settlement. Ms. Ender is also vice-chair of the Florida Bar’s Civil Procedure Rules Committee.
Ms. Ender earned her Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from The Ohio State University in 2003 and her Juris Doctor from the American University Washington College of Law in 2007. Before entering private practice, Ms. Ender served as a law clerk to the Honorable Vance E. Salter at the Third District Court of Appeal of Florida. Prior to joining Lewis Brisbois, Ms. Ender worked for the largest insurance defense firm in Florida.
Primary Area(s) of Practice
- General Liability
- Civil Procedure Rules Committee, The Florida Bar, 2016-present
- The Florida Bar Association
- Dade County Bar Association
- Florida Association for Women Lawyers, Miami-Dade Chapter
- American Bar Association
- Rosemary Barkett Appellate American Inns of Court (former Treasurer, 2010-2015)
- Phi Delta Phi International Legal Honor Society (former Province X President (2007-2011) and Vice President (2011-2014)
Awards & Honors
Selected as a "Rising Star" in Appellate Practice, Florida Super Lawyers Magazine 2017, 2018
- Presenter, "Extraordinary Relief, Purpose and Use of Extraordinary Writs in the Florida Courts," Florida Trial Court Staff Attorneys Association, Annual Conference, September 7, 2018, Orlando, Florida
- Presenter, "Proposals for Settlement: Exposing Hazards & Minimizing Risks . . . from the Eyes of Appellate Counsel," The Appellate Practice Section of The Florida Bar, Monthly Webinar CLE Seminar, April 17, 2018
- Presenter, "Post-Trial Issues: Looking Back for One Final Stretch on Preservation and Looking Ahead to the Appeal," American Bar Association, Section on Litigation, Appellate Practice Committee Regional Seminar, April 28, 2017, Miami, Florida
- Presenter, "Mandamus, Habeas, and Certiorari! Oh My! A Guide to Florida's Extraordinary Writ Petitions," Third District Court of Appeal Spring Seminar, March 10, 2017, Miami, Florida
- Presenter, "Proposals for Settlement 2.0: Exposing Hazards and Minimizing Risks," CSK Biannual Claims Management Seminar, March 3, 2017, Orlando, Florida
- Presenter, "Proposals for Settlement CLE Panel Discussion," Florida Association for Women Lawyers, Miami-Dade Chapter, Corporate Counsel Summit, February 24, 2017, Miami, Florida
- Presenter, "Proposals for Settlement: Fee-Shifting Essentials and Safeguarding Entitlement," CSK Biannual Claims Management Seminar, April 2015, Orlando, Florida
- Presenter, "Proposals for Settlement," In-House Client Seminar, August 2014, Tampa, Florida
American University, Washington College of Law
Juris Doctor, 2007
- Member, Administrative Law Review
- Certified Student Attorney, D.C. Law Students in Court
- 2006 Recipient, Betty Southard Murphy Award in Dispute Resolution
The Ohio State University
Bachelor of Arts, 2003
Board Certified Specialist in Appellate Practice, The Florida Bar, June 2016-present
- Joint Proposals for Settlement: A Case Study on Enforceability, Dade County Bar Association Bulletin, September 2018
- Proposals for Settlement and the New Breed of Strict Construction, CSK Quarterly Newsletter, Winter 2016