Renee Mortimer is the managing partner of the Schererville, Indiana office of Lewis Brisbois and is a member of the General Liability and Transportation Practices. She defends clients against large and excess personal injury and property damage claims in state and federal courts in Indiana and Illinois. As a member of our 24/7 Rapid Response Team, she handles matters concerning major trucking accidents, including managing incidents on-scene. Ms. Mortimer has tried these types of cases to verdict in both Illinois and Indiana.
Prior to joining Lewis Brisbois, Ms. Mortimer served as the partner in charge of Indiana operations for another national law firm. She was also chair of that firm’s Personal Injury and Property Damage practice, as well as its Specialty Transportation Practice. She also served on its clients’ 24/7 Rapid Response Team.
An Indiana native, Ms. Mortimer began her legal career in Chicago but returned to the Hoosier State in 1998, and has practiced law there ever since.
Primary Area(s) of Practice
- General Liability
- Products Liability
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana, Current President
- Defense Research Institute, Prior DRI Indiana State Representative
- International Association of Defense Trial Counsel
- CLM, Current President of Indiana Chapter
Awards & Honors
- Indiana State Bar Association Civility and Professionalism, Award Recipient
- Influential Woman of Northwest Indiana in category of Law
Loyola University Chicago School of Law
Juris Doctor, 1991
Indiana University, 1988