Katherine I. Funk is the managing partner of the Washington, D.C. office of Lewis Brisbois and is a member of the Antitrust & Competition Practice.
Katie is a trusted advisor to corporate executives and in-house legal departments with more than 25 years of experience successfully navigating antitrust and business issues on behalf of clients in a range of industries. She has participated in more than 100 transactions requiring review by the DOJ or FTC. Katie also provides day-to-day business counsel on matters including distribution arrangements, the Robinson-Patman Act, licensing agreements and global corporate compliance. She has represented both employees and employers on non-compete and other employment related agreements.
In the healthcare space, Katie works with clients on the formation and operation of clinically integrated networks, the buying and selling of provider practices, and other healthcare system transactions. Additionally, Katie is a member of the advisory board of Ithaka Hospitality, a boutique hospitality management company. Previously, Katie was a partner in several AmLaw 100 firms and served at the FTC as an attorney in the Mergers 1 section.
Primary Area(s) of Practice
- Antitrust & Competition
- Complex Business & Commercial Litigation
- Italy Practice
- Government Investigations & White Collar Defense
- COVID-19: Consumer Protection/Price Fixing/Price Gouging
- COVID-19: Emergency Order Violations & Related White Collar Crimes
- COVID-19: Commercial & Contractual Litigation Disputes
- COVID-19 Response Resource Center
U.S. Supreme Court
U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- ABA – Antitrust and Business Law Sections
- American Health Lawyers Association – Antitrust Section
- Speaker, CARES Act for Coalition of Franchisee Association Webinar, April 1, 2020
- Presenter, ALI/ABA Product Distribution CLE Program, 2010–2015
University of Iowa College of Law
Juris Doctor, with distinction, 1992
Bachelor of Science Business Administration, 1989
Pro Bono & Philanthropy
Mending Faces, Advisory Board; in-country volunteer (outreach and logistics)