Kevin Parsons is the managing partner of the Charlotte office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Labor & Employment and Trade Secrets & Non-Compete Disputes Practices.
For over twenty years, Kevin has represented and advised employers ranging from large businesses to small start-ups in virtually every form of employment and labor matter. He is the lead counsel for his clients in their most complex and critical employment law disputes. At every stage of representation, from counseling and mediation or trial and appeal, Kevin provides his clients with practical, personal and thoughtful advice and advocacy designed to efficiently achieve their objectives.
Kevin represents and advises clients in all forms of discrimination, wage and hour, FMLA, trade secrets, restrictive covenants and other related cases. In each case, Kevin’s first objective is to help clients comply with the law and position them to succeed if litigation becomes unavoidable.
Kevin has extensive experience:
- Litigating discrimination and harassment disputes in federal and state courts
- Enforcing non-compete and other restrictive covenant claims
- Advising on ways to avoid litigation
- Training management on compliance strategies
- Drafting employment agreements
- Defending wrongful discharge, intentional infliction of emotional distress and related tort claims
- Counseling clients on ADA reasonable accommodation, FMLA leave requests and the complex interactions of these legal obligations
- Conducting internal investigations and other litigation avoidance strategies
Kevin has been consistently listed in Super Lawyers from 2009-2018 for his professional achievements as a Labor and Employment attorney and has been repeatedly elected by his peers as among North Carolina’s Legal Elite for Labor and Employment law published in the Business North Carolina issue of the state’s best attorneys. Kevin is also a permanent member of the Fourth Circuit Judicial Conference. After graduating from law school, Kevin served in a judicial clerkship for United States District Court Judge Robert D. Potter in the Western District of North Carolina.
Primary Area(s) of Practice
- Labor & Employment
- Trade Secrets & Non-Compete Disputes
United States Supreme Court
United States Courts of Appeals for the Fourth, Seventh and Eleventh Circuits
United States District Courts for the Western, Middle and Eastern Districts of North Carolina and the Northern District of Georgia
Awards & Honors
- Super Lawyer® (2009–2018)
- “AV” rated by Martindale Hubbell
- Business North Carolina Legal Elite (Labor and Employment Law)
- Permanent member of the Fourth Circuit Judicial Conference of the Federal Judiciary
University of Notre Dame Law School
Juris Doctor, 1992
University of Nebraska
Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy, 1987