Sean Driscoll is a partner in the Portland office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Labor & Employment and Class Action & Mass Tort Practices.
Sean Driscoll represents employers large and small in all aspects of employment litigation in federal and state courts, as well as before the EEOC and state agencies and in private and industry arbitrations. He has defended claims of discrimination and harassment, retaliation and whistleblowing, disability and leave law violations, and a wide-variety of wage & hour violations, including multi-plaintiff and class action lawsuits. In addition to litigation, Sean regularly advises employers on compliance with federal and state employment laws, handling difficult employees, and implementing agreements and policies to minimize the risk of litigation.
Sean’s practice also involves advising employers and individuals on employee defection and recruitment. He has successfully represented clients in cases seeking injunctions and damages relating to nonsolicitation and noncompetition agreements, employee raiding, trade secrets and breach of the duty of loyalty. In addition to litigation, Sean drafts confidentiality agreements and restrictive covenants, and helps clients protect competitive assets from employee defection, as well as minimize risk when hiring personnel from competitors.
Sean regularly speaks to trade and employer groups on the full spectrum of employment law compliance and litigation-avoidance.
Primary Area(s) of Practice
- Labor & Employment
- COVID-19: Labor & Employment
- COVID-19 Response Resource Center
United States District Court for the District of Oregon
United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Oregon State Bar Association
- Multnomah County Bar Association
- Oregon Restaurant and Lodging Association
- “White Collar Exemptions” – BOLI’s 29th Annual Employment Law Conference (2013)
- “Wage and Hour Pitfalls” – The Seminar Group (2013)
- “Advanced Leave Laws in Oregon” – BOLI (2012)
- Guest Lecturer – Willamette Law School “Disability Law” Course (2009-2011)
- “Employment Law Update” – Oregon and SW Washington Subway franchisee meeting (2010)
- “Hiring to Firing” – Western Washington County Employer Council (2010)
- “Employment Law From A To Z in Oregon” – Lorman (2009-2010)
- “Advanced Topics in Leave Law” – Lorman (2010)
- “The Bermuda Triangle: Navigating the Interplay of FMLA/OFLA, Workers’ Compensation, and the ADA” – Lorman (2009-2010)
- “Employment Law Update” – Oregon Food Processors Consortium (2008)
- Adjunct instructor, Portland State University “Employment Law” course (2007)
- “Loan Officer Overtime & Legal Update” – Oregon Bankers Association (2006)
- “Viva Lost Wages” – NHRMA Regional Conference (2005)
- “HR Basics” – Society for Human Resources Management (2003 – 2007)
Lewis and Clark Law School
- Business Law Certificate
University of Colorado (Boulder)
Bachelor of Arts