Thomas Russell, III
Thomas Russell, III is an associate in the Los Angeles office of Lewis Brisbois. A seasoned trial attorney, he has litigated in federal and state courts, as well as arbitration and mediations. Thomas’ clients include: sports and media franchises, investment advisors, securities brokers and dealers, investment funds, professional athletes, television writers, and production companies. Understanding his clients’ motivations and risk tolerance, Thomas serves as a trusted business and legal advisor. Thomas’ notable representations include:
- Represents a leading mixed martial art’s franchise in a breach of contract action against its franchisees;
- Represents an accounting firm in a fraud action against its former client–a luxury fashion brand–and a processing company in which the accountant is accused of stealing more than $1 million of its client’s money as part of a Ponzi scheme;
- Represented an investment fund–owned and managed by professional athletes–in its capital investment into a privately held food company that produces and distributes nutritional bars; and
- Represented a group of scripted television writers in connection with the formation of their production company for the purpose of creating and distributing digital media.
Prior to joining the firm, Thomas was a litigation associate at an international law firm where he represented public and private companies in commercial litigation matters before state and federal courts with an emphasis on matters before the Delaware Court of Chancery, the nation’s preeminent business court.
Primary Area(s) of Practice
- Professional Liability
- Entertainment, Media & Sports
District of Columbia
- The American Bar Association
- John M. Langston Bar Association
Howard University School of Law
Juris Doctor, 2012
Bachelor of Arts, 2009