Thomas Russell, III
Thomas Russell, III is an attorney in the Los Angeles office of Lewis Brisbois. He has developed a particular depth of experience helping clients in the media and entertainment industry in their entertainment and general corporate matters, including business formation, financing, equity offerings, investing, and business purchase and sale transactions. Thomas’ clients include celebrities, public figures, influencers, actors, sports and media franchises, professional athletes, scripted writers, producers, and production companies. Understanding his clients’ motivations and risk tolerance, Thomas serves as a trusted business and legal advisor. Thomas’ notable entertainment and corporate representations include:
- Represents an Oscar-winning producer in connection with the formation, ownership and financing of a new production company.
- Represents a minority-owned premium spirits company in connection with all business formation and financing matters related to the start-up.
- Represented an Emmy nominated actor in connection with talent-side production agreements, recording agreements, and distribution agreements.
- Represented an award-winning comedian in connection with his capital investment into companies across various industries (e.g., food & beverage, real estate, travel, and fashion).
- Represented a writer and producer of an award-winning network television show in general corporate transactional matters.
- Represented an investment company, owned and managed by NFL Players, in its capital investment into a privately held food company.
- Represented a collective of scripted television writers in connection with the formation of their production company that was established for the purpose of creating and distributing digital media.
- Represents professional athletes in general corporate transactional matters.
- Represents a personal protective equipment company in its cross-jurisdiction formation and application for certification as a minority business enterprise.
Prior to joining the firm, Thomas was an associate at an international law firm where he represented public and private companies in commercial litigation matters before state and federal courts with an emphasis on matters before the Delaware Court of Chancery, the nation’s preeminent business court.
Primary Area(s) of Practice
- Entertainment, Media & Sports
District of Columbia
- The American Bar Association
- John M. Langston Bar Association
Howard University School of Law
Juris Doctor, 2012
Bachelor of Arts, 2009