Timothy Chai is a partner in the Cleveland office of Lewis Brisbois. Timothy’s practice focuses primarily in the areas of products liability and complex business & commercial litigation. His practice also includes significant matters involving trade secrets and non-compete, medical malpractice, toxic tort and environmental litigation, and asbestos litigation. With respect to toxic tort litigation, his concentration has been on the defense of asbestos claims and other toxic exposure matters involving multiparty litigation and a variety of toxins. In this area of practice, he has represented manufacturers, suppliers, distributors, and premise owners.
He has extensive experience in all aspects of civil litigation, ranging from the initial investigation through an appeal. In addition to his litigation management, he has participated in numerous depositions and mediations.
Prior to joining Lewis Brisbois, Timothy worked for another law firm in downtown Cleveland, where he represented manufacturers, insurance companies, hospitals, and physicians.
Primary Area(s) of Practice
- Complex Business & Commercial Litigation
- Products Liability
- Toxic Tort & Environmental Litigation
United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Asian American Bar Association of Ohio
- Towards Employment, Associate Board Member
- William K. Thomas American Inn of Court, Member
- Supreme Court of Ohio, Board of Commissioners on Character & Fitness, Member
Awards & Honors
"Ones to Watch," Commercial Litigation, Product Liability Litigation - Defendants, Best Lawyers, 2022
Cleveland-Marshall College of Law
- Research Editor, Cleveland State Law Review
John Carroll University
Bachelor of Arts, magna cum laude
Contributed to Ohio Domestic Violence Law (Baldwin’s Ohio Handbook Series), 2013-2014 and 2012-2013 Editions