Michael B. Rothenberg is an associate in the New York office of Lewis Brisbois and is a member of the Construction and General Liability Practices. He handles all phases of a wide range of complex litigation matters, from inception through trial, inclusive of substantive motion practice and conducting depositions and mediations. Michael has extensive experience defending claims regarding construction defect, products liability in the defense of manufacturers, New York Labor Law, premises liability, negligent security, matters arising out of physical and sexual assault allegations, consumer debt transactions and general liability. Michael received his Juris Doctor from Brooklyn Law School in 2006, where he was presented with the National Order of the Barrister’s Certificate Award. While at Brooklyn Law School, Michael was awarded the Perfect Advocate Award at the ABA National Criminal Justice Trial Advocacy Competition.
Additionally, Michael worked on the defense team of Edwin Gould Services for Children in the matter of S.W. et al v. City of New York et al, a/k/a the Judith Leekin “House of Horrors” lawsuit.
Primary Area(s) of Practice
- General Liability
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- The Order of the Barrister
- Brooklyn Law School Moot Court Honor Society
- The Start-Up Leadership Program - Fellowship 2012 – 2013
Awards & Honors
- University at Buffalo “Great Grads” Award 2012
- Moot Court Honor Society of Brooklyn Law School, Trial Division/Advocacy Division 2005-2006
- Georgetown White Collar Crime Tournament - 2005 - Best Advocate Award
- ABA National Criminal Justice Trial Advocacy Competition 2006 – Perfect Advocate Award
- Brooklyn Law School Moot Court Honor Society Outstanding Advocate Award - 2006
- The Order of the Barrister Certificate - 2006
Start-Up Leadership: Legal Panel Moderator
Brooklyn Law School
Juris Doctor, 2006
State University at Buffalo
Bachelor of Arts, 2003
- Can Allegations of Aiding and Abetting Securities Fraud Violations Serve as Proper RICO Predicates Under the Reform Act?
- 52 The RICO Reporter 2 (August, 2010) (co-author Laurence A. Steckman).
- 29 The Securities Reform Act Reporter 6 (September, 2010) (co-author Laurence A. Steckman).