Hassan Popal is an associate in the New York office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the General Liability Practice.
Mr. Popal handles miscellaneous professional liability matter, including negligence, sexual abuse/misconduct on behalf of social services agencies such as religious, medical, beauty, and personal care facilities. Representative sexual abuse/rape experience/matters:
- The defense of a religious youth organization where a clergymen pled guilty to sexually abusing a young man while he was still a minor.
- The defense of after school programs wherein there are allegations of children on children sexual abuse/rape claims.
- Defending the spa industry in cases of alleged abuse by an employee.
Prior to joining Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith, Hassan worked at a boutique law firm in downtown Manhattan, specializing in insurance defense litigation on behalf of casinos, hotels, and insurance companies. Mr. Popal handled contractual disputes between banks, corporations, casinos and service vendors, construction general contractor and sub-contractors, and hotels, shopping and dinning establishments.
Previously, Hassan worked at a law firm in New Jersey representing plaintiffs in personal injury lawsuits from motor vehicle, and premise liability.
Primary Area(s) of Practice
- General Liability
- New York State Bar Association
- Middlesex County Bar Association
Florida Coastal School of Law
Juris Doctor, 2014
Rutgers University, Rutgers College
Bachelor of Arts, 2010