Mr. Hassan Popal is an associate in the New York office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the General Liability Practice.
Mr. Popal handles miscellaneous professional liability matter, including negligence, sexual abuse/misconduct on behalf of social services agencies such as religious, medical, beauty, and personal care facilities, and contractual disputes. Representative experience/matters:
- The defense of a major bank in numerous complex commercial litigation.
- The defense of a religious youth organization where a clergymen pled guilty to sexually abusing a young man while he was still a minor.
- The defense of after school programs wherein there are allegations of children on children sexual abuse/rape claims.
- The defense of the spa industry in cases of alleged abuse by an employee.
- The defense with a major casino in numerous complex commercial litigation.
Prior to joining Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith, Mr. Popal worked at a boutique law firm in downtown Manhattan, specializing in general practice in defending casinos, hotels, and insurance companies in general liability matters and contractual disputes. Mr. Popal drafted master procurement agreements, lease agreements, and service agreements for banks, clothing corporations, casinos, shopping and dining establishments, and technology companies.
Previously, Mr. Popal worked at a law firm in New Jersey representing plaintiffs in personal injury lawsuits from motor vehicle, and premise liability. In law school, Mr. Popal was award a Business Law Certificate for his excellence in Business and Corporate areas of law.
Primary Area(s) of Practice
- General Liability
- New York State Bar Association
- Middlesex County Bar Association
Florida Coastal School of Law
Juris Doctor, 2014
Rutgers University, Rutgers College
Bachelor of Arts, 2010