Noel Johnson is a partner in the Miami office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the General Liability Practice who has tried or participated in more than 50 jury and non-jury trials throughout Florida. His practice focuses on multimillion-dollar wrongful death, personal injury, product liability, and negligent security cases with injuries ranging from simple slip and falls to catastrophic injuries including loss of life. He has particular experience in motor vehicle accident cases, especially ones involving motorcycles.
Recent representative matters include:
- Obtained defense jury verdict in seven minutes in automobile accident case.
- Obtained defense verdict in $6.5 million wrongful death motorcycle case.
- Obtained dismissal for defendant in premises liability case in which plaintiff claimed neck and back injuries.
- Obtained dismissal of condominium owner’s case against homeowner’s association and property manager related to claims of water damage, mold, and property damage in his unit.
- Obtained favorable settlement for hotel in premises liability case in which plaintiff claimed neck, back, and knee injuries.
- Obtained favorable settlement on behalf of a restaurant in a personal injury case concerning serious burns to a minor.
In addition, Mr. Johnson regularly handles medical malpractice, insurance defense, commercial litigation, toxic torts, and landlord/tenant law matters for clients of all sizes.
Primary Area(s) of Practice
- General Liability
Florida State Courts
United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida
Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeal
- Wilkie D. Ferguson, Jr. Bar Association - Past President
- 100 Black Men of South Florida
- Junior Orange Bowl
- Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.
- National Bar Association
- Dade County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Awards & Honors
- Super Lawyers Magazine, Florida Rising Stars List, Civil Litigation: Defense (2015 & 2016)
- Brickell Magazine, Top 20 Professionals Under 40 (2014)
- Legacy Magazine, South Florida's 40 Under 40 Leaders of Today and Tomorrow (2013)
University of Miami School of Law