Jennifer "Jenny" Watson is a partner in the Raleigh office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the General Liability Practice. She has experience in all stages of civil litigation, including trial court and appellate representation. Jenny has significant experience in condemnation and inverse condemnation representing the North Carolina Department of Transportation in eminent domain matters, and in representing clients involved in multiple concurrent lawsuits across the state.
She has defended physicians, nurses, hospitals and dentists in civil malpractice actions and before professional licensing boards, and has represented attorneys in legal malpractice actions. Jenny has also defended private businesses in breach of contract, fraud, unfair and deceptive trade practices and other consumer protection actions.
Jenny has represented a national client in toxic tort litigation and has experience in complex construction cases involving allegations of personal injury and construction defects. She has also represented the State of North Carolina in criminal appeals before the North Carolina Court of Appeals.
Primary Area(s) of Practice
- Public Agency & Public Finance
- Real Estate, Land Use & Environment
United States District Court for the Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of North Carolina
Eastern Band of Cherokee Tribal Court
- 10th Judicial District Bar
- North Carolina State Bar
Awards & Honors
- Omnicron Delta Kappa National Honor Society
- Order of the Barristers
- International Academy of Trial Lawyers - Student Advocacy Award
- Guest Speaker - University of North Carolina School of Dentistry, "Current Issues in Dental Malpractice"
- Guest Speaker - Campbell Law, "Use of Expert Testimony in Civil Litigation"
- Former Instructor LSAT Test Preparation - Kaplan Test Prep
Norman Adrian Wiggins School of Law
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill