Directors & Officers and Securities Litigation
With shareholder activism on the rise, publicly-traded corporations – from small-to-mid-sized entities to Fortune 500 companies – need protection from all forms of securities-related litigation. Lewis Brisbois’ Directors & Officers and Securities Litigation team consists of seasoned litigators who have handled the gamut of securities cases: individual, derivative and class actions in federal and state courts; “bet the board” and “bet the company” litigation; and enforcement proceedings brought by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the Department of Justice (DOJ) and state corporation commissions. Our lawyers draw on their relationships with the securities plaintiffs' bar, judges, mediators and arbitrators across the country – as well as their years of experience litigating claims against directors and officers – to provide superior tactical and strategic advice, exposure analysis, and the strongest possible defense to our clients.
While our Directors & Officers and Securities Litigation lawyers are poised to aggressively defend each matter, they also understand that in many instances efficient dispute resolution is the preferable course of action for the corporation. Due to Lewis Brisbois’ long history of relationships with the insurance industry, our team is able to collaborate with major D&O insurance carriers to successfully resolve claims. This business-minded approach allows directors and officers to focus on the boardroom – not the courtroom – so they can maximize returns for shareholders. For more information, please see our Directors & Officers Coverage Practice.
- Directors & Officers Coverage
- December 05, 2023 ALERT: The Final Leg of the NCAA’s Amateurism Model Buckles Under the Association’s Year-End Proposal to Member Schools
- December 04, 2023 New York State Imposes Limitations on Penalties for Breaches of Agreements Settling Employment Disputes
- November 04, 2023 UPDATE: Judge Wilken Renders Additional Decision Against NCAA
- December 05, 2023 Timothy Swickard Speaks with Law360 Pulse for Article on Rejoining Lewis Brisbois
- December 04, 2023 Webinar Series: Ethics II – Social Media
- December 04, 2023 Sean Brennecke Authors Article for Delaware Business Court Insider On Recent Decision Demonstrating Chancery Court’s Discretion
Seminars & Webinars
- December 07, 2023 • Data Privacy & Cybersecurity Webinar Series A Toast to the New Year: A Recap of 2023 & Preview of 2024
- December 21, 2023 • General Webinar Series Ethics II: Social Media
- January 18, 2024 • General Webinar Series Employment I – 2024 Recent Developments